Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Rudolph Day Challenge #August


Happy Rudolph Day everyone! I have had a very busy summer with non-stop visitors, (just one son with us now for one more week), but I was so uncharacteristically organised that I had all the cards I needed until September, made by the start of July, including this one for today's challenge.
The star is an old Marianne die, and the angel and dove stamp (they were together but I separated them) is by LOTV. The sentiment stamp is from a clear set by Hero Arts. I stamped the image twelve times and then decided how to use them.
I used pre-cut blank 13.5 cm square cards from Hobbycraft in white and cream, and rooted through my Christmas paper oddments box for backing sheets. Then I matched each paper to a toning glitter card for the star. Finally I coloured the image to go with each set and mounted them up. 
My doves ended up more like pigeons because when I just added grey shading to the white doves, they didn't show up on the cards, so I added a little pink and lilac to them!
So now I have another twelve cards for my stash. I just need to do a few more runs like this to reach my target. 
So I will link these up with the August Rudolph Day Challenge over at Scraps of Life by Scrappymo, and get back to my visitor.

5 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a gorgeous card and that star die looks amazing and so lovely.
Love the little Angel stamped image it's so sweet.
This design really blends itself to all those lovely batch made ones too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Chalenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Liz said...

Gosh, you ARE organised, Kate! Love the design of these card and they look so different by changing the colours. xx

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness, Kate...these are wonderful. I am loving the star with the fussy cut angel. Love that you were able to use design paper and glitter paper that you had on hand. IT always makes me feel good when I can do that!

We are heading home tomorrow. No diagnosis for my daughter till next week as we were not told to bring the CD's of mammagram and ultrasound that were done back home in Canada. We are now waiting on their arrival by post.

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful Kate - love the sweet image against the star!
Blessings
Maxine

veronica said...

you are so organized Kate - most unlike me, i feel quite envious of your stash of cards!