Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge # April 2024

I have seen a lot of cards on facebook pages using the 'Fractured'  technique so I thought I'd try a few. Here are two examples.


Because my hands do not allow for much measuring and cutting right now, I spent some time making a template in my Silhouette Cameo software. 

Next I printed off a sheet of little robin digi stamps, (made from an ancient wooden stamp a friend was throwing away), placing one inside each diamond on my grid. I coloured them with copic markers and cut them out.

I collected up an assortment of backing paper snippets and ribbon oddments and made a set of twelve cards pairing up the papers and embellishments as best I could. It is surprising how different they look and they will be a useful set of cards in my stash.

I am linking this to: April's Rudolph Days Challenge


9 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous collection of cards - you have been busy!
Kath x

Di said...

Hello Kate! Great to see you in the Playground - and what a fabulous selection of fractured Christmas cards. That robin looks perfect in the centre and you used some really lovely papers. And, wearing my Rudolph Days GD hat - lovely to see you playing along! BTW, I always have issues with the InLinkz Gizmo. It automatically inserts the title of your blog post in the caption box. You can just delete it and type your own name in - so long as you realise in time! But, as Helen rightly says - it doesn't cause any problems. Happy crafting - I reckon you're doing very well with your Christmas cards for this year already!

Hugs

Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the Robin Kate, what a wonderful set of cards. You are on a roll with your Christmas cards.
PS. Thanks for the tip with the Mylar. Good luck with your Laser machine too. Look forward to seeing what you do with it. x

LesleyG said...

Love your fractured cards Kate, the Robin is so cute and the papers so pretty, happy Rudolph day xxx

LesleyG said...

Love your fractured cards Kate, the Robin is so cute, and the papers so pretty, happy Rudolph day xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used that technique, Kate, and that is one beautiful set of cards - well done on using up scraps of paper in such a pretty way!
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

You did well to make so many Rudolph Day cards using the fractured technique. They were a great way to use up your snippets.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for refreshments later. xxx

Helen said...

What an amazing selection of cards - they look fabulous!

I haven't had a try at this card style yet but it's on my 'to do' list.

Thanks for joining us this month at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Becca Yahrling said...

I just had to stop by and say I absolutely adore your pretty cards!! I am a bird nerd so they 'speak' to me!! Good luck on the challenges. ;-) Becca