Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Rudolph Day, October 2018

I am back with a Nativity scene for this month's challenge. I like to use them on my Christmas cards, and this features Mary and Joseph travelling to Bethlehem, so not the usual picture which makes it nice.
I made it using a very cheap set of dies from China that I bought from Amazon. I have often thought about using these but felt they were almost too cheap to be any good. I had to wait a while for them to arrive, but I can't fault their quality. I liked this set because it makes a small card. This one is A6 size, and I don't really like cards that are too big.
It made sense to cut more than one while I had my Bigshot out, so I made four base cards from some rather dull blue card. Then I went though my snippets boxes and found various offcuts in shade of grey, to cut the two rows of buildings, and some black card for the figures. I used a piece of packaging to cut four strips for the sandy road, and found four pieces of starry sky paper to cut the background. I found I preferred it with a narrow black border top and bottom, and I made and cut the sentiment on my Silhouette cameo from silver vinyl.
These were quick and easy to make so I shall probably make some more. but first i will link up with Rudolph day Challenge at Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo, and I will also take them over to Pixie's Snippets Playground, as it is a long time since I paid her a visit!

8 comments:

Liz said...

A beautiful set of Christmas cards, Kate. The rows of building make a lovely background for the Mary and Joseph silhouette. xx

Jean said...

A really nice set of cards Kate,i like the little scene you have made and the starry backgrounds finish them off beautifully.
Jean x

Sarn said...

Great set of cards. Glad your Chinese dies worked well. Happy Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful set of cards Kate. I don't have this set of dies but do have several others bought from China that I've been pleased with.

Sue xx

Di said...

Beautiful cards Kate - love the dies you used!

And yes, he IS called cuddly Dudley by us and friends - he's just like a little white woolly bear right now with fur so soft it really is like silk as his breed description says. Ha, they don't mention his little sharp teeth though!

Lovely to see you in the Playground, I do look in each week on what you're up to but time is a precious and almost obsolete thing here right now!!

Hugs and 'Duddles' - Di xx

Whisper said...

Oooo it's lovely to see a traditional Xmas scene and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

Four beautiful religious themed cards. I have seen this die set before and always admired it. I love the way there are two rows for the background rooftops.

My faves are the last two cards...in particular the last one. Something about that pretty silver sentiment!

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a wonderful set of cards and those dies used do look really great created from snippets also.
Love the glitz of the buildings too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.