Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Rudolph Day Challenge for November

Hi folks. Once again I have not posted since the last challenge but I have the excuse that I was away in UK for two weeks. While there I managed to get all my cards for UK stamped and left them with my son to post later, but now I am home I find I still need about forty cards for local friends, so I have been busy making some simple 'runs'. But the cards I am showing today are some I made just before I went away, using the boxed magazine set - Stamps by Chloe, Christmas Collection.
This magazine came with two dies and a set of 11 stamps to coordinate with one of them, a very pretty embossing folder and lots of papers, toppers etc. The magazine was full of examples and techniques, and although I was careful not to copy any of them exactly, they did give me lots of ideas, including using colour combos that I might not have considered otherwise.
So here are three of the cards I made.


The papers and embossed background (dotted with stickles for a sparkle effect), are from the set, as are the poinsettia panels, decoupaged with flowers from the toppers sheets.
The top one has a large flower corner made using an Altenew stamp and die set, and Tim Holtz and Joanna Sheen signature dies for foliage. 
Both sentiments are made with Cut & Make mini dies. 
I shall try to get some more cards made with this versatile kit, this week.
In the meanwhile I will link up with the Rudolph Day Challenge on Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo, and try and catch up on my other blog!

8 comments:

Sally H said...

Wow, Kate! Those are all so beautiful! I love poinsettias, but only tend to think of them in traditional colours. I will have to play a little more as those blue ones on your card look fabulous!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These cards are gorgeous Kate, I love the embossed background.

Sue xx

Kathleen said...

A really super set of cards, gorgeous designs and love those flowers and your choices of colours.

Kath x

Liz said...

Super cards, Kate, three lovely designs. xx

Anonymous said...

these are all lovely and so elegant! you're so lucky to find freebies. :) thank you so much for playing along with the rudolph days challenge!
linda
rudolph days challenge DT

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love floral cards and your trio is so beautiful with the lovely poinsettias
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Kate - isn't it good when you get a magazine that gives such great value!!
Blessings
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous trio pf cards, Kate.
Sounds like you have been busy and organized with your trip to Britain. Bet your sister was so glad to see you!

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.