Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, March 25, 2019

March Rudolph Day

Once again this is my first post since the last Rudoph Day Challenge, but this month I have been refurnishing, and rearranging my craft room, so hopefully next month I will be more productive.

In February I showed a set of cards I had made with pieces salvaged from cards I had received last Christmas. I kept back one because I wanted to use the idea again. I found a tiny image of a robin that I liked and wanted a way to use it without overwhelming it. That's when I remembered a new set of dies, purchased but not used at the end of last year. It was a set of Spellbinders Nestabilities simply called Decorative, curved square.

I was pleased to find it fitted perfectly on my favourite 13.5 square cards  which I always have in my stash. I cut the larger and the small dies from white card and used distress inks to add colour to them both. I then cut the image with the small die and trimmed the fancy edge to fit in the centre. I used Corel Photoshop to mute the colours on some backing paper and distressed its edges with the same ink.
I knew I had a very old set of Anita's robin toppers and I was able to cut some of them down small enough to fit on this die. So I found a variety of backing papers and inks and two different robins, and made a set of cards. Here are just four of them. The red is a bit 'fierce' but it makes a nice cheerful card.
I also found three different images from a Jayne Netley Mayhew pad, that could be cut to fit so I made these three.
I have only added sentiments to a few of them. I think the others may simply have one inside, but I may change my mind and add one later.
When I had used up all my little images I found I had thirteen cards. It's a good thing I am not superstitious, and these will make a great addition to my collection.
So I will link this up with Rudolph Day Challenge for March, at Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo, and remember that on 25th of each month, you too can show any Christmas cards that you have made.

7 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what super creations and their designs look very wonderful and I love all the different colours too.
That is a very beautiful die you have used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love what you have done with the images and the dies, great background papers, they all make wonderful cards, well done for doing so many.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so very gorgeous! Wonderful dies and images.

Jean said...

I love the dies you have used here and they frame the little robin pictures beautifully.A very pretty set of cards.
Jean x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic die Kate and a beautiful collection of cards that you've made with it.

Sue xx

Liz said...

These are just lovely, Kate. The die cut frames are beautiful. xx

scrappymo! said...

These are great! Love the way the Spellbinders die dominates the design and yet your eye is still drawn to the cheeky little robin saying hello, and Merry Christmas!

You finished up so many...good for you.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.