Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Rudolph Day: April 2019

Here we go again. This challenge is brilliant. Without it I would have very few Christmas cards in my stash.
I have a friend who make lots of items for charity sales, so folk give her bits and pieces of material, wool etc. But she is not into paper-crafting so when she gets given anything like that, she offers it to me, and a few weeks ago she asked if I would like some small cards she had been given. They were all the same and were roughly cut to around the size of a playing card. I could see their potential and gratefully accepted them, but I knew they were the kind of thing that, if they got put into  drawer, they would never see the light of day again, so I decided to use them straight away. 
I don't often use dark brown for Christmas cards but I had some that matched very closely the silhouette image, so I made the base card with that.
Then I cut a silver mirricard frame using a Gina Marie designs  die, and trimmed the small card to fit it. I also cut a silver star.
I found a very old Hero Arts stamp that fitted across the top of the kings.
To break up the background I found tiny pieces of a silver peel off edge to go across the card and mounted the images over it. 
Then I cut a large sentiment from the same silver mirricard using a die (possibly lawn fawn but I'm not sure), and that was it.
Happy with how it turned out, I then used the rest of the image cards to make a matching set and have twelve more cards to add to my stash.
So now I am off to link with the April Rudolph Day Challenge, on Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo.



9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow, these are fabulous, a really great image (which would make a really lovely postage stamp) great colour choice too.

Kath x

Liz said...

WOW, you HAVE been busy, Kate! These are lovely and a great idea to make the silhouettes in brown rather than the traditional black. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful collection of cards Kate, I love the die and paper that you've used.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well clever you and what a great idea. AND you got them done so quickly. I love the brown and the gold.
Faith x

scrappymo! said...

Wow! You got so many done. I really like the die and the pretty mats set it off so nicely.

The brown colour is a warmer version of black silhouettes...looks great!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Kate - love how you have used then gifted cards to form the focal point of this fabulous set
Blessings
Maxine

Whisper said...

WOW what a great design and I love how you have created a few of them too and thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Jean said...

A great set of cards Kate. I like the silhouette image and it looks very smart with the silver accents on the brown base card.
Jean x

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Kate, look at all those beautiful cards! Since you're so far ahead, I'm wondering if it would make economic sense for me to hire you and ...!! I'm sorry your arthritis is flaring badly now. Thank goodness, you can keep crafting with your Silhouette! Feel better soon! Hugs, Darnell