Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Rudolph Day Challenge 2023# February

Usually my February entry is a card made from a recycled one I received. This year I had very few suitable salvaged pieces, but I did keep two lovely images of robins, and these are the cards I made.
For the one on the left I used a new doiley die from China trimmed to suit my need, and some digital background paper from my files.

The one on the right has a new die cut frame and a recycled card base that was complete with the gold corners.

As I sorted out the mess on my desk I found a few previously cut pieces, as well as some older cards kept from previous years, so I sorted them out and tried to make a card from each one, or a from a combination of them.  When I recycle cards I always make sure mine look very different from the original, and always add some form of my own crafting. 

I was pleased to use up so many pieces, and ended up with a set of nine cards. (2 above plus 7 below). You should be able to click on this picture to enlarge it and see them better. 

I used too many dies, stamps and papers to list but if you would like to know what any of them are, please ask.
Now I will link them up with the Februaury Rudolph Day Challenge over at Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo, and see what everyone else has made.

10 comments:

LesleyG said...

Wow Kate that’s a fabulous collection of cards! Happy Rudolph day xxx

Liz said...

Lovely collection of card Kate and great recycling. xx

Mrs A. said...

A lovely selection of recycled card fronts. I like to do this as much as possible with shop bought ones that I receive. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol L said...

WOW, congrats on making so many "new" cards for Christmas! I love when we're able to repurpose items from other cards, and I especially like those first 2 bird cards! Great job on everything!

Linby said...

Great recycling and good that the cards get to have another life.

Whisper said...

WOW, what a great bit of recycling & nothing says Christmas, more to me than Robins, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, luv Sam x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very fab idea to have one month fo re-cycled cards and their new designs.
I love them all they look fabulous and such pretty creations too,
Lotsw of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic recycled cards Kate. A great idea too, some cards are just to nice to discard without trying to use them again.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Nine beautiful upcycled cards! You did so well with creating all the different designs. I like to upcycle cards too. I donate cards to a charity I support for the Inuit in The Far North of Canada. I donate a lot of my recycled Xmas cards to them. Everything is so costly up there as supplies come only once a year by ship...and then it is another year till the boat returns. Although there are no roads between the villages, Many have a small airport and Canada Post sells a bargain box that holds 5 kg or under. I tuck my extra cards in those boxes when I am sending winter jackets etc.

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sarn said...

Fabulous recycling Kate. xxx