Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Rudolph Day Challenge #March2023

This month I tried something a bit different for me, as I wanted some 'almost' one layer cards for ease of posting, which is getting to be a bit of a nightmare internationally.

I don't see a lot of digistamps that I like but there is one designer I return to over and over and her name is Jan Mahew. So I chose three of her stamps, which are fun and relatively easy to colour, and printed them at A5 size. Then I used my copic markers to colour them. I printed them again and cut out the main characters as a mask so I could dust a little distress ink around them and take the bright white off the backgrounds, and then scanned them into my computer. 



In photoshop I opened a backing paper from my library and added a mask, (bought from a scrapbook site but I am not sure which one). I imported one of my coloured images and clipped it to the mask and flattened it to save as a jpeg. I did this for all three images choosing different backing papers for each one and then I printed them out three times each.

Finally I cut each one to fit a standard card base and just added a stamped sentiment, some glitter glue and a few peel-off snowflakes. 



As these are now stored on my computer I could print off more if I needed them.

I also realised I still have the original three coloured images and although they are bigger than my final print outs, I think I could use them without a backing paper, and just add a simple frame, and I will have three more cards. I don't like to waste anything so I will see what I can do.

I am linking these to the Rudolph day Challenge over at Scraps of Life with Scrappy Mo.

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards mamapez thanks for the comment

gr karin

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love all your wonderful cards and their very gorgeous designs.
Those digi images are so sweet and you have coloured them perfectly too.
As always you made so many as well.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

LesleyG said...

Wow that’s very clever how you put these together, technology is not my strong point, but what you’ve created is adorable, and like that you can also use your originals, great job! Thanks for visiting and your tip, take care xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Kate - your are so clever with your computer, and yes, international postage is getting horrific!
These are fabulous cards, I do love what you have done and the final results are stunning
Blessings
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

These cards are so lovely, Kate! As always, your computer skills amaze me. You have made so many cards from these great images and I agree that it would be a shame to waste the 3 leftover originals.
As you mentioned a frame overlaying the larger image would solve the need for a mat and help make the card and image fit together...
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Linby said...

They all look wonderful.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

WOW Kate what a wonderful collection of cards, I love all of the different images. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever work again Kate, isn't technology wonderful, to enable us to "play" like this. Fabulous cards. Love your colouring.
Faith x