Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Friday, August 25, 2017

More robins for Rudolph Day.

I see it is a month since I posted on here, but it has been a lovely month of visits by family, so there was not much time for crafting. But last month I mentioned I was way behind my target for Christmas cards, so the next day I printed off several sheets of  LOTV digi images that I had just bought from their new Christmas release.  Most of them have now been coloured, and when my last visitors leave I will have one month to make cards with them, before I am off to visit UK myself!
But yesterday I did manage to put the first six together ready for this challenge. They all use a funny little, fat robin which I had printed and coloured in the same way, six times.
I cut them out with my largest plain oval die (Go Kreate I think), and then searched through my snippet boxes and found enough to cut six mats, three red and three green, using a die from the Nestabilities Floral Ovals set.

For the red ones I made white 17.5x11cm base cards, and used an old Personal Impressions stamp across two corners. The sentiment is from the Inkylicious clear stamp set - Season's greetings. I had already put quite a lot of stickles glitter glue on the branches of the image, so I finished them off with red perfect pearl drops for the berries on the stamp. I made three the same with slightly different shades of red for the frames.

For the green ones I used very pale green base cards. A long time ago I was given some very big sheets of card that had been roughly folded, and were difficult to store, so I cut each sheet into as many standard size blank cards as I could. I've been looking for an opportunity to use some of them. With offcuts from the green mats I cut strips of a holly border (Joanna Sheen signature dies), and I found some oddments of holly paper left from a do-craft set from several years ago. I covered the base card with the BP and mounted the matted image as high as possible. Then I stamped a sentiment under it from a hero Arts Christmas sentiment stamp set, and just managed to add the border below this. Again I used red perfect pearl drops for the holly berries.

One green base card was slightly smaller so I used the border a little differently.

Now they are all done and I have six more cards for my stash. Now I must get on and use the rest of my prepared images. But for now I will link these to the August Rudolph Day Challenge, and also Pixie's Snippets Playground.