Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Getting carried away.

Here we are at the last Rudolph Day of the year, (25th of the month when we write a blog about a Christmas card or project). So here are two of mine.

I got  bit carried away this month and did some 'batch-baking'. I knew I was a bit behind with my card making so I chose a digi file and printed it off several times. The file is a cute group of singing owls, and is yet another LOTV image. I have used a lot of their images this year, and I am really pleased that they now release a lot of them as digi files. This means I can choose what size I use, but this time I just fitted several on a page and printed them, and then made them a little smaller and printed some more. They didn't need a lot of colouring, so I used my copic markers and got them all coloured, just changing the theme to keep it interesting. Some are red/green, some are blue/turquoise, and a few are purple/pink.
I then raided my die folder and found a few rectangular dies that fitted either the image or made a suitable mat, and cut them all out. For some I used the die for a mat and hand cut a rectangle to go inside it, and others I used the die for the image and hand cut a mat. And for some I drew round the inner and outer edge of the die and fussy cut them. 
In the end I had thirty-five toppers all ready to go on cards! In the card above, the pretty stitched lace frame is from a set of nesties by Gina Marie Designs. It is the first time I have used these and I really like them. I can see them coming out quite often. For the others I used one from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles, and one from Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges sets. The large sentiment is a Creative Expressions die, and the tiny one on the image is from a Gina Marie set of stamps.
I found the slightly larger images did not fit on my standard rectangular cards, so I used some 13.5cm square cream cards that I bought in Hobbycraft several years ago. Some of the backing papers are from new pads that I bought in UK this year, and others are from my huge stash of Christmas snippets.  All the mats were cut from odd pieces of glitter, or mirri-card left over from previous projects, and chosen according to the colours used on the images.

I made fourteen of these square cards.

Next I decided on an A6 base card for the smaller images and once again I was delighted to find several very ancient pre-cut cards in my stash, in colours I could use, and for the rest I cut white ones. The backing papers are mostly from my stash, and I used up some very small off cuts of  the glitter and mirri cards to make various embellishments to match the image mats. This picture shows the different colour-ways I used.
Most of the embellishments are cut with Joanna Sheen Signature dies,  but the snowflake border is a Memory box die and the snowy corner is by Jeanine's Art. That is not a company I am familiar with but I picked it up in a small independent craft shop that I visited in UK.
And here are all twenty-one of the smaller cards.
That is a  huge thirty-five card added to my stash which brings my total up to 140, so now I am ready to get them all written and the overseas ones posted.
I will link up to the Rudolph Day Challenge at Scraps of life by scrappymo, who I am very grateful to for encouraging me to at least get some of my cards made throughout the year, because 140 in a rush at the end of the year, may have been a step too far!

As I used so many off-cuts of paper and cards, I am also linking to Pixie's Snippets Playground.