Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Vintage Christmas with a Sparkle

I don't do a lot 'vintage' stuff, so I had to dig deep in the stash boxes to find something for the ABC Christmas Challenge this time.I found the postman and car topper, rescued from an old Christmas card, and then I stamped the postbox (Creative Expressions; Create a scene set), and coloured it with copics to match. I also added matching irridescent glitter to the top. I mounted both of these onto some off-cuts of scrapbook paper, and used a Penny Black sheet to cover a cream base card which I had distressed around the edges with walnut stain distress ink. I used the same ink to distress the edges of the images and mounted them on the base. The greetings was from a tiny paper pad for vintage ATCs. Then I rummaged through my bit-box and found the red ribbon and leaves from some crackers last year, and a flower from my practice days when I had just read a tutorial about making them. I added some aged mahogony distress ink to darken the petals, and highlighted them and the leaves with burgundy stickles, and attached them all to the corner with silicone glue.

This card is for
ABC Christmas Challenge: V is for Vintage.
Crafty Purple Frog Challenge 27: Sparkle
Pink Gem Challenge 33: Cold and Frosty

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful vintage Christmas card. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Saskia said...

I love how you combined your stamping with part of an ols christmas card and the flower looks absolutely pretty!

Jean said...

Really nice vintage card. I like the way you have combined the printed and stamped images. I have boxes of bits cut from cards for same purpose but it never really happens.Jean x

Dorte said...

So glad you joined us again, Kate. Great card you have made. Beautiful flower.
Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you again for the next letter.
hugs Dorte

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous. Love the flower. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge,hope to see you next time...
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

Kate Great card hunny, Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps candy on my blog x

Ruth said...

Beautiful vintage card. I love all the details. And, thank you for the pointers on embossing. Can't wait to try another card using your tips!

Janet said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining A Gem of a Challenge x