Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WOYWW 141

I nearly didn't post today as once again I have an almost empty desk, but I wanted to thank all you friendly and helpful folk who commented on my invitations last week. With just a couple of exceptions, you all felt that my choice of a glue pen to attach the swirls was a good one and you were right. The paper I cut them from was a heavy pearlescent one right through, not paper backed as it sometimes is. This is almost fibre free so it cuts beautifully with my cameo. I was also gluing them to a textured pearlescent card so I wasn't sure how well this would work, but the glue pen stuck them beautifully. The stamp I was making for the word 'Invitation' was also successful. Here is a finished card. For the inside I cut one swirl in blue paper, scanned it into the computer and used photoshop to make a frame with the script inside. He wanted thirty of them and I found I only needed a couple of evenings to get them all done. (I have blurred the personal data). Tomorrow we are driving up to Benidorm to deliver them to my son and his partner, as they are on holiday there this week. It will be a long day (three hours drive each way), but I am looking forward to seeing them again.

As well as my usual Wednesday morning sewing group I have now committed myself to being out most Wednesday afternoons. My little church has started home/life groups and mine meets for a fellowship lunch followed by a Bible study, every Wednesday. They are a lovely bunch of people - here we are just as our meal is finished, and before we move on to the next bit, but it means I am even less likely to have anything very creative on my workspace. However, I rarely go to bed to before 1 or 2 in the morning, so I will have to start taking a very early photo before I clear Tuesdays mess away!



But just to prove I have made something this week besides my son's invites, here on my desk is a card I have made for my sister's birthday. I had to take a quick photo this morning so I could get it in the post when I went out. I wanted to use a new cuttlebug emboss and cut folder, and I am very pleased with it. I glued the embossed frame to a pink square card, added a decoupaged flower in the centre, and some very pretty gems in the spaces around it. I used a Marianne lace punch at the bottom and some sticky ribbons to hide the joins, and the flowers at the top are from a spray I bought at a pound shop years ago. The butterfly was cut with my cameo, using a file bought from the silhouette online store.

Well I have just about enough time to link this to Julia's blog and visit some of your desks, but it will have to be an unusually early night for me tonight if we are going to hit the road at first light tomorrow.

14 comments:

Sarpreet said...

a different look to a room, you do not often see a room full of people here, great card, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 50 (was #52 previously)

ScrappnBee said...

The invitations turned out lovely! The card for your sister is great too. How fun to have such a group to break bread with and share! Have a wonderful WOYWW! -Amanda #149
PS- I have blog candy in honor of Valentine's Day. Pop on over and visit for a chance!

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Your invitations looks beautiful, just like the card for your sister. Thanks for visiting me and hope you have a crafty week. Bye, Franka

Hazel said...

The invitations are beautiful - have a safe journey and a good time tomorrow. I love your pink card - very pretty and gorgeous (Hazel, WOYW #136) x

May said...

The invites are beautiful just like the super card for your sister, Have a lovely week, Hugs May x x x

Spyder said...

ohoo I remember, but I couldn't comment last week and then forgot to come back, I wouldn't be with out my Quickie Glue pen or my 2 in 1 glue pen (which is cheaper) Love your card! Have a very Crafty Week,
Happy WOyWw
((Lyn))) #15

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate - your invitations are fabulous and the card is STUNNING - love it!!
Trust you have had a safe trip and enjoyed being with family.
Blessings
Maxine

okienurse said...

great looking invites and card! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

Lou said...

Beautiful invites, oh and i love that pink card' it is gorgeous. Lou @#89

scrappymo! said...

It was fun to see the finished invites as we have seen the construction stages.

They are lovely and the card for your sister is great. I love to use up something from a dollar store too. Especially if it from my stash.

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love the finish invitations.. love ur sis's card so pretty
thank for a peek..

Michele x160

CraftygasheadZo said...

The invitations turned out so well, and that's such a pretty card too. Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this week's WOYWW. Zo xx 86

Shoshi said...

Beautiful cards all round, Kate! I particularly love that beautiful pink one - it's really stunning...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll email you with the instructions to use the svg files. I'm glad you're able to convert svgs to the format you need, but it is a pain having to do it... Just hope they convert OK for you. Anyway, I'll be in touch.

Hugs,
Shoshi

fatmonica said...

The invites are brilliant and I love that card too.