Sandra, one of my blog friends, has made a series of cards using up some decoupage papers that have lurked in a drawer for a long time, and she has inspired me to do the same. But I have decided to use up some Christmas images. This week I spent one evening making Christmas card inserts, because I am foolish enough to not always do them when I make a card. It took a while but I am glad it is now done, and I shall make sure any further cards are finished off properly. When I put the completed cards away I had a count up and was a bit dismayed to find I have only made forty so far this year. That is way behind schedule for me. I need around 120, and when I get back from my holiday (the first two weeks of October) it will be time to start writing the ones for UK! So I decided I had better do a production line.
I found some old magazine images which I duplicated and using backing papers, possibly from the same magazine, and gold mirri-card mounts cut with a Nellie Sneddon die, I managed to make a set of four cards, using the first image. I added gold peel-off corners and a simple greeting.
For the second image I used a cream base card, two contrasting papers from the same set, and some textured gold card. A few sequin circles and stars completed these four.
So here they are, a set of eight cards. Although I like my Christmas cards to have a link with the Nativity story, these are not a style of image I use a lot , but I do have some friends who will enjoy receiving them, so they have been put to good use. So I must try and get to grips with some others from this set now. And 'Yes, they do have inserts in, labels on the back, and envelopes with them', so that is a few more for my box. Since then I have started a even bigger production line, but I'll post about that later.