Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Three Kings Return.


This lovely stained glass window depicting the three kings, came to me on a Christmas card this year, and I thought it deserved to be enjoyed again. So I cut it out and used it to make this card.
I started by printing the Word-art piece from a digital set, to the lower corner of an A4 sheet of cream card, and then used it to make a 15cm square base card. I edged it with gold peel-off borders and corners, mounted the window image on the left side and having used an ink duster to add a little dandelion memento ink patch, I glued on a large star cut from a snippet of gold mirri-card, using a memory box die.
I shall enter this card in Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 158, which this week, is to Upcycle or Re-purpose an item, or to use a freebie.
And also to Hazel's extra monthly challenge, which is always Anything  goes as long as it's Christmas.

6 comments:

Jean said...

This is a lovely bit of recycling Kate. I love the word art quote and the beautiful star as well as the lovely saved image.
I have been doing the same thing thing this afternoon, that is cutting and snipping bits from some of our Christmas cards to make into new ones. I say I will do it every year but never get around to it, so thought I would have a go straight away this year.
Jean x

Hazel said...

A lovely entry for my CHNC challenges - hope to see more soon. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful way to recycle Kate. Love this card.
Blessings
Maxine

Heather said...

Some cards just "need" to be recycled into something else, don't they? That stained glass window is beautiful, and I love how you have combined it with the other elements to create this lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at CHNC2.

Saskia said...

Really like how you used an old card to make a new one.

Sarn said...

A really lovely piece of upcycling Kate. Top marks! x