For the latest Butterfly Challenge, as well showing butterflies, we are asked to use at least three different designer papers.
I had seen a card on Pinterest that inspired me, but unfortunately Pinterest is not playing tonight, (They say it is a problem at their end!), so I can´t show it to you. But I can show you my card, and here it is.
I rarely turn to my patterned paper snippets, but for this I looked through my blue and green boxes and came up with several pieces that are somewhere between the two. The swirly water one is a file I downloaded years ago, and at some time I experimented with changing its colour, and this must be one of the pieces I printed out. There was just enough left for these two squares. The peacock pattern is from a Joanna Sheen pack from way back, because she doesn´t ship paper internationally so I must have had it at least six years. The others are even older. When I was still working in the nursery I had one of the first home die-cutters, the old sizzix one that weighed a ton. At the time of buying it, I also bought about eight packs of A6 Sizzix papers of various types - leather look, thick hand-made papers etc, and two co-ordinating packs of printed papers and card. They were too small for many projects and I didn´t use them, but I couldn´t bring myself to discard them when I was packing to move out to Spain, and now I am starting to use them. The backing panel, blue check design, and dark filigree butterfly were all snippets from this pack.
I´ve no idea where the foundation layer came from, except it was in the bottom of my snippets box, and while rummaging I found the piece that I used for the underneath layer of the butterfly. This was made using my original Starburst stains and the scrunched up copy paper technique, again it is a snippets from at least six years ago, because my sister and I played with these stains together before I left UK. It is really pretty and this close up shows the slight gold sheen that is on it.
The die is Butterfly Lace from Wild Rose Studio. The sentiment is cut with a Britannia die, and a few flat-back pearls were the only embellishments needed.
I was so pleased to use up some stash that has been around for so long. I can see me using this type of layout again soon, to use up some more.