Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, February 16, 2015

Not quite a Valentine.



This was never intended to be a Valentine project, but I just happened to finish it this weekend. It is a simple Spring wall hanging which I saw on the blog, Attic 24, that belongs to a very talented lady called Lucy. You can find her tutorial here. If you enjoy crochet then her blog is really worth a visit.
This is my attempt.


A while ago, a lady from our Wednesday sewing group offered me a bag of assorted cotton yarns in a range of colours. They were only little odds and ends and I had no idea what I would do with them, but as soon as saw this, I knew it was a perfect way to use them up. So this is all cotton, approximately DK weight, but you could really use almost any yarn. The flowers were quick and easy to make. In fact the most fiddly part was sewing on the buttons! The base is two pipe cleaners twisted together, and maybe the Spanish ones are different from the ones Lucy used, because I would like something a bit more robust for the frame next time. I have enough cottons left to have another go so I will get one made for my Easter craft stall coming up soon.
As the wool was all oddments I think I will go and hang this in Pixie´s Snippets Playground.

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is brilliant Kate! Very different snippets make and so cheerful as well. A lovely project and beautifully made.

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

Oh wow Kate this looks lovely, with the bright jewel coloured flowers.
Jean x

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate this is gorgeous - love the vibrant colours and the heart shape is sweet.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

That's a cute crochet project. Will nip over and see Lucy in a moment. Thanks for the link.

Hugs, Sarn xxx