Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Friday, July 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Son!!

We have several summer birthdays in our family, so before I went to UK, I made several cards to deliver by hand while I was over there. Today it is our second son Michael´s birthday, so I can now show the card I made for him.
Michael has always rather liked the big cats, so when I saw this Tiger face cutting file on the All Things Silhouette Facebook page, I knew I could use it on his card. (The file was designed by the talented Anne Huxter, and was generously made available to members of the group. She has designed many other animals and her files are on sale at her website Treasured Templates)
I made a bright background using red, yellow and orange brusho inks on a wet paper. I was generous with the ink so some crystals didn´t dissolve completely, but this just gave some texture to the finished project and I quite liked the effect.
The black face lines were cut from vinyl on my Silhouette cameo machine, and I used a wide sheet of transfer paper to place them over the best area of background, which I then cut to fit. I then mounted it onto a white A5 base card.
I used the Salamander Script font to write the greeting in the silhouette software, and resized it to fit across the card, and also cut this from black vinyl. This still left me with too much of a gap, so to fill it, I cut strips of trellis with a Memory box die, from the left over brusho background, and trimmed it to fit above and below the sentiment.
I love the way this turned out, and I am sure Mike does too.

4 comments:

Veerle said...

And i love how it turned out too Kate. It's a wonderful card love that big cat, looks great with the brusho colours you have used.
Have a nice weekend, hugs Veerle x

Jean said...

This is great Kate, the lovely tiger image look fabulous over the Brusho background. I like the font you used for the greeting too.
Jean x

Liz said...

A fabulous card, Kate! I love how you've used the Brushos for the image and also for the die-cuts at the bottom. Brilliant! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Kate - wonderful masculine card.
Blessings
Maxine