Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, February 22, 2016

Blue butterflies for the Butterfly Challenge.

I  feel that I am getting back into the swing of things after my holiday and visitor, and as I sat wondering what I could make last night, I suddenly realised that there are still two days left to enter Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge where the theme is 'S' for Stamping or Sapphire, or both, and of course, a butterfly or two, so here is what I made.
Menu:
Dark blue (Sapphire?) card from my stash for the base card and trellis which are cut with a Memory Box die.
Pale blue paper strips under trellis are snippets from an old magazine giveaway.
The centre panel is a piece from my huge collection of white snippets.
Butterflies are by Crafty Individuals. Each one is two stamps. The bottom layer - the fill in - was stamped with a Brilliance rainbow pad, and the top layer - the detail - was stamped using an Archival dark blue pad.
The butterflies were masked while I stamped the flowers in the background, using the same ink pad, and a new set of Altnew stamps called Persian motifs.
The sentiment is from another Altnew set.

So I will quickly link this up with Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge#48 and see who else has fluttered by,

Now to make some Christmas cards for Rudolph Day on Thursday!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these sweet little butterflies! Pretty paper too!

Sarn said...

Hi Kate

Thanks for dropping by the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with this lovely creation. Good luck making your RD card too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

AlisonC said...

These butterflies are so pretty stamped with the rainbow pad. The trellis die cut looks lovely, maybe I need to add that to my list. Love the subtle colours you have used.
It is good to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge.

Jean said...

I love this pretty blue and white card Kate. The butterflies are lovely and so is the trellis die.
Jean x

Veerle said...

This looks super Kate, so beautiful. Love the blue color.
Hugs, Veerle

Liz said...

Love this, Kate, wonderful design. I've just realised Mrs A's challenge finishes tomorrow and I haven't made a card yet. I'll need to get my skates on if I'm going to make one in time! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely exquisite Kate - love it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Mrs A. said...

I love everything about your card. Those butterflies are really pretty. The trellis down each side makes the centre panel really stand out. Thankyou for fluttering by my butterfly challenge and as you have used both stamping and sapphire your card will be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.