Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

When is an Angel not an Angel?

When it is a Star-Angel Sprite !!
I have been having fun  this week making the last few Christmas cards that I need for my local friends, and for these I turned to my library of digistamps and chose two.
The first is LOTV Christmas Angels - Praying. I printed her out six times. Then I chose Aurora's Wings, Star-Angel Sprite, and printed her five times (the sixth one wouldn't fit on an A4 sheet with enough space for a die-cut frame if I wanted one).
I then had a couple of evenings with my copic markers, adding colour to the images. This is so therapeutic!

Then it was time to make them into cards, and for speed I went with one design for my angels.

(I will say at this point, that we are actually having some much needed rain this week and the house is very dark, so all these photos were taken with artificial light and the colours are not good!).
I made six 12cm square cards, raided my Christmas snippets boxes for some backing papers, and on even smaller scraps of each one I stamped the sentiment heart (a SeeD's stamp) and cut it out.

Next I cut one layer of the Tonic Studio Star bauble die set from mirri-card; The one above is gold but it doesn't look it. I made a template for the angel and cut her out and layered everything up, finishing with a scattering of star stickers.
I made this card in three colourways.







Time for the second image. I must admit I do not usually go for this style of image, but I have rather fallen for my Star-Angel Sprite.
I again chose three colour schemes and this time I decided to fussy-cut the sprite. I made four 12cm square cards and one that was a little bit narrower because my snippet of backing paper wasn't quite big enough for the 12 cm card. I managed to find more pieces of backing paper in my snippets box to match or tone with each image.
Again, it doesn't show on the picture, but she is very sparkly because I coloured over the main star, her wings and her head-dress with the new Leonie Pujol Glitter Brush Pens. (The jury is still out on these pens. They are a lovely set of colours and are very sparkly, but the ink is a little too free-flowing for me so you have to be careful not to make blots, the brush is very soft, so precise colouring is difficult, and once dry, much of the glitter rubs off - though there is still plenty left on the image. I need to use them more to see if I can improve my technique).
The star crescent frame is also coloured with a light copic pen and then the pale blue glitter pen and it sparkles beautifully IRL. I have lost the packaging for the die and I can't remember the make, but feel free to say if you know please.
The sentiment is a really old Stampendous stamp. On some of the cards I used a different stamp by Penny Black. So here is the set I made of these.

As I used so many snippets for my backgrounds, and some of my huge collection of white snippets for the star crescent frames, I am going to link these with Pixie's Snippets Playground.


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely cards Kate - love the way you have used so many snippets on these, and all the different colour ways you have used are so pretty.
Blessings
Maxine

Jean said...

Two very pretty sets of cards Kate. The little angels are really sweet. You did a super job matching up the paper snippets with your colouring.
Jean x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your lovely comment .. .. you are very kind. How lovely to have Jean as your Sister .. .. that must be so nice. I bet you have lots of crafty conversations between each other.

I have been having a little look on your blog and you are certainly very productive.

Your Christmas card box must be full to overflowing!! So many gorgeous makes all ready and waiting for next month. I wish my box was as full that's for sure.

I particularly love the robin post which was previous to this one. The photograph you took is stunning! Mr Heart and I love robins and this year we have one coming to use our feeding station most days.

I am pleased to report that Mr Heart is much better thank you .. .. and he kindly kept his germs to himself! Our local chemist told him on Monday that he has come across quite a few people with the same symptoms following a flu jab. If that is how you look and feel after a small dose I don't think I would like the full blown version!

Thanks again for your visit Kate.

Love Jules xx

Di said...

What lovely cards Kate! I do so love the little angels and you've used them beautifully in such pretty colours too.

Great to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx