Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, February 23, 2017

My Butterfly has landed.


Anyone who has read my previous post will know that I misread the criteria for a challenge and was left with a paper-pieced butterfly looking for a place to land. Well this week she has landed on a card I made for my sister's 82nd birthday.
The butterfly was made using a Leane Creatief stamp which I won as a prize in an earlier Butterfly Challenge. I stamped her onto various snippets of yellow and orange paper and cut out the individual sections to glue in place on an image made by stamping on white card.
I found a piece of burnt orange card to make the base. For the next layer I used a new set of stamps and matching dies from Altnew, called Amazing You. First I stamped the various leaves off the edge around a piece of white paper cut to fit the card front. I coloured these with copic markers.
Then I stamped some of the flowers onto snippets of the same papers I had used for the butterfly, and cut them out with the corresponding dies. I added a little colour to their centres and glued them to the stems and leaves.
The sentiment is a very old stamp by Crafty Individuals, and I finished the card off by randomly adding green and orange card candy in the spaces.
I am going to link this up to Pixie's Snippets Playground as I haven't been over to lay for a while.

9 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so glad your pretty butterfly found this lovely card to land on. I saw the actual card on Tuesday and it looked even prettier than in your photo. I like your new flower stamps too.
Jean

Barb said...

Your card is a beauty Kate and I love the colours you've used. I think many of us read it wrongly as we don't do much paper piercing these days so it took us by surprise. Have lots of fun with your new stamps. Barbxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card.x{aNNie}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the pretty images and colours, a lovely card.
Faith
x

Darnell said...

I love this bright and cheerful birthday card, Kate, and I'll bet your sister loved it, too!! Gorgeous combo of colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Wow Kate, an absolutely gorgeous Birthday card. Wonderful paper piecing as well - great use of snippets of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Jane said...

So pretty..a worthy snippet pic, well done! xx

Sarn said...

Really colourful and gorgeous card Kate. Congrats on being a Playground Pick this week.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Hi Kate, just saw your wonderfully designed & pieced butterfly card highlited at Pixie's Playground, and came over for a closer look. Oh my, the tiny pieces you've woven into this intricate layout. So pretty and a true labor of love. I'm sure your sister thought it was just the prettiest birthday card she's ever received! TFS & Hope all has been well. Hugs