Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Rudolph Day Challenge


Well here we are at 25th of the month again. I swear these monthly challenges make the time fly even faster. This has been a busy month for me, so I only managed to put one card together this time. I will have to do better than that to meet my schedule of at least a dozen each month! But here it is anyway.
I started with a 15cm, pale blue preformed card from my stash. It had a printed image on it which I covered with white paper passed through my falling snow embossing folder (sorry I don't know the company). The trees are a Marianne die, the deer family is a Memory Box die I won on this challenge some months ago, and the frame is a Go Kreate 'frilly circles' die (Not a very apt name but I like the shape!). The sentiment was a file in my Silhouette cameo library which I cut using the same cards as the trees and the smaller deer. I finished it off with some glitter glue on the trees, which changed colour because it was on dark card!, and a few holographic snowflake stickers. The left hand tree and snowflake above it are just about hiding a join in the background paper because my embossing folder wasn't wide enough!
So I will link this up with the Rudolph Day Challenge over on Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo, and perhaps I had better start making some for April now.

6 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your snowy background on this gorgeous card Kate, the die cuts look fabulous against it.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very lovely card, and your scene is gorgeous.
such a wonderful design and that sentiment is super also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Jean said...

Lovely card Kate, I love the falling snow embossing and the super die cut trees. Great to be able to use the deer family dies here as well.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

Gosh, Kate...this card is so lovely!
The embossed snow is a fab EF and so pleased to see you used the deer you won here...(Big smile here).

I LOVE that sentiment. It so captures the true meaning of Christmas.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate this is beautiful - love the sentiment die cut!
Blessings
Maxine

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautiful card Kate, lovely created Christmas scene, soft colours