Here we are at the last Rudolph Day of the year, (25th of the month when we write a blog about a Christmas card or project). So here are two of mine.
I got bit carried away this month and did some 'batch-baking'. I knew I was a bit behind with my card making so I chose a digi file and printed it off several times. The file is a cute group of singing owls, and is yet another LOTV image. I have used a lot of their images this year, and I am really pleased that they now release a lot of them as digi files. This means I can choose what size I use, but this time I just fitted several on a page and printed them, and then made them a little smaller and printed some more. They didn't need a lot of colouring, so I used my copic markers and got them all coloured, just changing the theme to keep it interesting. Some are red/green, some are blue/turquoise, and a few are purple/pink.
I then raided my die folder and found a few rectangular dies that fitted either the image or made a suitable mat, and cut them all out. For some I used the die for a mat and hand cut a rectangle to go inside it, and others I used the die for the image and hand cut a mat. And for some I drew round the inner and outer edge of the die and fussy cut them.
In the end I had thirty-five toppers all ready to go on cards! In the card above, the pretty stitched lace frame is from a set of nesties by Gina Marie Designs. It is the first time I have used these and I really like them. I can see them coming out quite often. For the others I used one from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles, and one from Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges sets. The large sentiment is a Creative Expressions die, and the tiny one on the image is from a Gina Marie set of stamps.
I found the slightly larger images did not fit on my standard rectangular cards, so I used some 13.5cm square cream cards that I bought in Hobbycraft several years ago. Some of the backing papers are from new pads that I bought in UK this year, and others are from my huge stash of Christmas snippets. All the mats were cut from odd pieces of glitter, or mirri-card left over from previous projects, and chosen according to the colours used on the images.
I made fourteen of these square cards.
Next I decided on an A6 base card for the smaller images and once again I was delighted to find several very ancient pre-cut cards in my stash, in colours I could use, and for the rest I cut white ones. The backing papers are mostly from my stash, and I used up some very small off cuts of the glitter and mirri cards to make various embellishments to match the image mats. This picture shows the different colour-ways I used.
Most of the embellishments are cut with Joanna Sheen Signature dies, but the snowflake border is a Memory box die and the snowy corner is by Jeanine's Art. That is not a company I am familiar with but I picked it up in a small independent craft shop that I visited in UK.
And here are all twenty-one of the smaller cards.
That is a huge thirty-five card added to my stash which brings my total up to 140, so now I am ready to get them all written and the overseas ones posted.
I will link up to the Rudolph Day Challenge at Scraps of life by scrappymo, who I am very grateful to for encouraging me to at least get some of my cards made throughout the year, because 140 in a rush at the end of the year, may have been a step too far!
As I used so many off-cuts of paper and cards, I am also linking to Pixie's Snippets Playground.