Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, February 25, 2018

February Rudolph day Challenge

Something a bit different for me this month. This is not my usual style but I wanted to try it, and also to try out a new stamp and die set.

I like cards that have a suitable verse on them, especially if it is Bible verse that tell us the true reason for Christmas. But in this case I had a nice little verse that I saved from a greeting card from a few years ago.
The red, inner white, and green holly, frames came as a set of dies by Amy Designs. I cut a trial set to see how much space I would have and then typed the verse using a font from my library called Asphodel, and played around with it until it fitted inside my frame.
The poinsettia is stamped and cut with my new set that I bought recently in an Altenew sale. The stamps are again layered with four shades of red, and two shades of green for the leaves. My Misti is perfect for getting the layers just right. The matching dies cut with a white edge around each petal which I don't care for, so I inked it to match the petal or leaf.
The ivy and holly sprays are Joanna Sheen signature dies, I layered them all up to cover the 'empty' part of the frame, and used green distress ink around the base card edge.
This month I made a set of six cards all the same, so not quite as good as last month's twenty-five, but a good addition to my stash all the same.
So I shall now go to Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo, to link this up with the February Rudolph Day Challenge.

8 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your card is so gorgeous and wonderfully created.
Love that wonderful poinsettia and the super wonderful sentiment.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

scrappymo! said...

Hello Kate,

Your beautiful verse and poinsettia trimmed card is beautiful. I love the flower itself and that was a great idea to ink away that annoying white strip. I hate when my dies leave that!
The glitter on the edges looks so pretty and your die cuts on this card,,,both the mats and the foliage ones are so lovely.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an elegant card, love that verse and your design.
Faith
x

Kathleen said...

Really lovely sentiment, gorgeous flower and great shape of die.

Kath x

Liz said...

A lovely design, Kate. The poinsettia is beautiful and I know what you mean about the dies leaving a white edge around the image. I love the verse too. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful and so elegant looking. Love it.

Joan said...

A lovely card and a beautiful verse

Jean said...

I like the traditional Christmas colours of your beautiful card. The verse is lovely and so is the pretty poinsettia.
Jean x