Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April Rudolph Day.

I see my last post on here was for March Rudolph Day and here we are at 25th of April, ready to post another Christmas card. I don't know where the time goes!

This month I am going back to my preferred images for Christmas cards - Nativity scenes.  My first card uses an old pre-loved Woodware (Francoise collection) stamp that I bought from a friend at my sewing group.
It is very sweet, and only needed a little colouring done with my copic markers. I looked through my Christmas paper oddments and found two matching pieces in different colours. Between them I managed to cover the front of a plain, brown card. I inked the edges of my image to tie it in, and used a tiny strip of brown card to make a banner. The sentiment is embossed with Pirate gold powder.
Knowing that after a very good start to the year, I am now falling behind on my monthly target for cards for next Christmas, I made a second one using a mixture of a Heartfelt Creations stamp, overlaid with a Wild Rose Studio one that came free with a magazine last year.
Again it is coloured with copic markers, and cut with a stitched square die. Using the next size up die, I cut a mat from dark blue slightly glittered card, and then mounted it onto a square white card covered with an offcut of starry paper.
I have one more of each image coloured and ready to mount up. But first I will link these two up to Rudolph Day Challenge - April, at Scraps of Life by Scrappymo.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Two super cards and both images are really lovely.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

i dont know where it goes either! Cute nativity scenes, Happpy RD xxx

Jean said...

Lovely cute cards Kate, clever combination of stamps in the second one.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely cards, KAte. The first has that homey, folksy feel...loving the embossed sentiment with the gold.
The second is a beautiful combination of stamps. I love both these images and together on one card, they are wonderful!!!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh I love these wonderful card and everything you have done to create them.
Such super images and designs.
Beautiful colouring of them also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both beautifully coloured and beautiful cards.
Faith
x

Whisper said...

Oooo I love traditional Navity cards and these are both gorgeous, thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph's Day Challenge, luv Sam x

Joan said...

Two lovely cards, love them both but the second one is my favourite, I've just realised I have that stamp and never used it, thanks for the inspiration