Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Rudolph day September 2018

Well I am back with some slightly 'lazy' cards. My mojo went to sleep during the long hot summer, and it has not woken up fully yet! But I really wanted a card for this challenge and I need a couple of good runs of cards to complete my stash, so when I spotted this year's Hunkydory Christmas packs, I decided to buy them. I tend to steer clear of Hunkydory because so many of their kits are just too big and heavy for me. I don't make very big cards,and weight has to be a consideration as most will be posted internationally. However I could see that these packs had some smaller images and many of them looked like ones I would use, and I was not disappointed. I bought a pack of toppers and papers, and also two blocks of small images which mostly have six of each image in them. Some could be used as a simple topper with nothing added, if that is what you wanted. 

I had decided not to spend much time looking at their worked examples and ideas. Instead I cut sets up, rearranged them, paired them differently, made them up and them embellished them. I chose several images and divided them into either what I call 'Christian' images or 'secular' images. I tend to lean towards ones that depict the Nativity, the real story of Christmas, but I am happy to use the others as well, and I always add a small Bible text inside them anyway. So here are one of each that I made into cards.

I then went on to make a further nine cards so far, with many more planned for the next couple of weeks if I can get myself into action.
For some of my cards I found a stamped and embossed sentiment was all that was needed, or a little added glitter glue etc. For others I made mats and frames either with metal dies, or in my silhouette cameo, and added stamped sentiments and other little bits and pieces from my stash. Each one is a little bit different from the next, and I am looking forward to getting some more done now. Here are the ones I have made so far. (Please excuse the photo. I realised how very messy my table was behind this group, so I cut them out and added them to a plain backing, but I didn't have time to tidy it up much).

That said, it is time to link up with Rudolph Day September Challenge over on Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo.



6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards, Great work. A good amount to start Xmas off.
Faith
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful array of beautiful Christmas cards.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very pretty selection of cards! Lovely!

Jean said...

I love your christmas cards Kate. The little shepherd boy is a lovely image and of course the sweet little robins are very appealing. A great set of images you have used here.
Jean x

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely variety of festive christmas cards; something for everyone! I especially like the robins too. Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

scrappymo! said...

These are all great! hunky Dory kits made up with all their layers can be impossible to mail without taking a mortgage for 70 or so Christmas cards.

I have a lot of their kits as a couple of years ago when I was hospital over the Christmas season, my gave my best friend $100. to go shoppingfor me at the 70 and 80% off sales at my local stores. She bought me tons of hunky dory kits.

I think I shall copy your idea and ignore their plans and do my own thing and yet keep them slim enough to mail for regular postage.

You have done a wonderful job at that and yet each has its own unique look. I especially love that card with the trio of nativity images. It is so stunning in those colours. The others are lovely as well but that one caught my eye. I think you made of these up!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.