Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

One last Christmas card.


This is probably my last Christmas card post for 2018. I liked the way these turned out so I thought I would write a post about them.
These were made using a cutting file from craftsuprint. The bird panel has three layers, the blue background, a silver layer (you can see this on the right hand card) and the white detail layer which is all in one with the whole card front. The greeting is also cut out and the silver layer extends behind it.
The bauble is cut out to show the silver layer and then has three white layers added on top. For my third layer I chose two pictures and cut them with a small scalloped circle die. The robin is a photo I took in Ireland last winter, while on holiday there, and the snow scene is one made from several stamps for a project a few years ago, and then saved as a digital file for future use.
This is a versatile cutting file with the option of adding colour to the cut out panel, and adding a range of stamped or printed images to the bauble.
A small bow added to the top of the bauble was the only decoration I felt it needed.
I am linking this to Paper Players Challenge PP421: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Kate - so glad you shared them, they are beautiful!
Blessings
Maxine

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, Kate! I love the layers and the intricate cut-outs. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are so beautiful, a lovely cut file enhanced by you.
Faith
x

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful, I especially love the bird one! Your layouts with the cut files are stunning! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!