Here we are again at 25th of the month, so this is my offering for June.
Each year I try to make a set of cards with an image that is somehow related to singing, or at least music, to give to my friends in the choir I sing with. Last year I used a stamp of a branch with singing owls on it. This year I found this cute group of singing penguins. It is a Wild Rose Studio stamp, and I stamped it twenty-two times. (I was aiming for 20 but I must have lost count along the way!). I used some pre-cut and folded white A6 cards, and stamped with my Misti to place them directly onto the cards.
Using a mask to cover them, I dusted DI tumbled glass around them, and then I coloured them with my copic pens. Next I cut the snowflake frames using a Memory Box die. I am sure most folk, like me, have several folders of paper and card off-cuts, and I try to use them up, but I just seem to make more. By far my biggest box of off-cuts is the white ones, so I was pleased to find 20+ pieces in there, large enough to cut all my frames. This is supposed to be a "cut and emboss" die, but I simply could not make the emboss part show. I tried all sorts of different arrangements in my Big Shot, but without success. Then I tried adding snow paste through the spaces after I had cut it, but that was too much of a fiddle as I would have had to wash the die between each frame. Next I tried colouring through the spaces with a pale blue ink but I was ruining the nib on my marker. Finally I settled for using a small stencil brush and an ink pad to add the blue dots and snowflakes around the cuts. By this time my Tumbled Glass ink pad was too dry, so I had to change to Memento Bahama Blue which is much darker, but I think it worked OK.
I used Stickles frosted lace which is a fine, low glitter glue, that works well for fur and bobbles on Christmas hats, and glued a frame over each image.
The sentiment came with the image stamp and I wanted to use it, so again my Misti helped me to place it in the lower left corner of each card. It hit the pattern in some cases but each one was legible except for one. It was rather pale so I stamped it again and managed to move the card a little between stamps, so I printed it again on a piece of paper, cut it as close to the writing as I could and distressed the edges with ink, and covered over the blurred version on the card - waste not want not.
I thought they needed a little bling so I added a more sparkly glitter glue - crystal - to some of the snowflakes and spots, and they are now all spread around my craft room waiting for it to dry. And just to show I really did make twenty-two of them, here they all are.
This set is often made in a rush, the week before they are needed, so it is good to have them all done so early this year.
So Thank you Scrappy Mo for inspiring me to get making each month. Why not follow the link below and make your early Christmas card to add to the post.