Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Rudolph Day Challenge #September 2019

My word, this month has gone in a flash, partly because I spent much of it in UK helping with a family crisis. Fortunately my next set of Christmas cards were made before I went, as I only came home yesterday.
For my card I am sort of CASING a card made by Liz for the challenge last month. I liked its simplicity. You can see her card HERE. She made hers  by recycling a card she had received, so I started from scratch, by looking for suitable clip art on line of Mary and Joseph, and playing with it in a graphics program. The Bethlehem scene is a very old Woodware stamp which I stamped then scanned and resized. Next I arranged the two for my topper and printed it out several times. I added minimal colour using copic markers and cut it out with a variety of dies. 
Then I used border dies to make a decorative edge either down the side or along the lower edge and mounted each design onto a suitable base card. In some cases the edge is cut in the large topper so the base card shows through, some are cut into the base card and backed with mirri-card.
Each design was either distressed around the edge with a DI pad, or mounted on a cut frame before being added to the card.
I found the words to the favourite Christmas song "Little Donkey" and combined words from each verse to make a suitable short poem which I printed and mounted to suit the main image in each case.
There is a little glitter glue added to each card, on the roofs in Bethlehem, and on most of the cut edges. I do like a little bit of bling on Christmas cards.
Here are some of my designs.


Altogether I made twelve cards, eight portrait and four landscape.
So now I will head over to Scraps of life by Scrappymo and link my post, and then I had better unpack some cases!


7 comments:

Liz said...

What a lot of beautiful Christmas cards, Kate! I love the idea of adding the verse from Little Donkey. I'm glad I was able to give you a little inspiration for your design. xx

scrappymo! said...

Great cards...will come back to comment again later. Rushing out the door at the moment to see Downton Abbey.

Sorry, but did not see your email...just thought you were still in England.
My email is maureenkane@telus.net
Let me know which prize you would like and your mailing address!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What very beautiful cards and I love the designs they are so lovely.
Fab idea to incorporate the Little Donkey song as a verse.
You always put me so to shame with so many fab makes.
Hope all is okay in the Uk now.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful collection of cards you've made using this stamp Kate.

Thanks for joining in with the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.
Sue DT xx

Gail said...

These are fabulous! I saw your name posted at Rudolph challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely to see you back in 'blogland' Kate - and what a restart with these fabulous cards - such great variety with the same image and 'verse'.
Blessings
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

Hi Kate
You made so many beautiful cards. I have to get into mass producung mode too or I will run short this year!

Love the way you created these and the colouring is so perfect!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.