Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Friday, October 25, 2019

Rudolph Day Challenge #October 2019

Well I am writing this early and scheduling it to post on 25th, as I am going back to UK on 22nd to spend some more time with my son.
I have a card to show that I made recently using a cutting file bought from 3dcuts.com.

I used the card recommended on the site-American craft card in vanilla and it did cut beautifully on my Silhouette Cameo machine.
There were a lot of pieces to this card so the assembly was a bit of a jig-saw, but there was a clear tutorial video on the site and that helped a lot. It went together fairly easily.
The card has a lot of dimension, see the photo below, but it folds perfectly flat for mailing.

I did consider adding a little colour to some parts but I decided I preferred it plain.
I look forward to coming back on the 25th to link up with scrappymo's blog, and see what everyone else has made.

10 comments:

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Kate, that looks amazing! Well done, and I agree that leaving it without colouring is best.I could spend hours just looking at that! Happy Rudolf day!

Gail said...

The 3D cut card that folds makes a nice display for Christmas as well - saw you posted at Rudolph Days

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Beautiful and well done on putting it together so beautifully too. It will be a beautiful display.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - What a beauty Kate - this is exquisite! Love that you kept it all vanilla too.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful 3-D design.

scrappymo! said...

Wow! What a stunning card. These is so much detail...it is really beautiful.

Whoever receives this card is going to be amazed at all the work and love in it.

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days
Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
My word what a gorgeous 3D card and it's so lovely in that colour you are right.
It looks so intricate and beautiful I bet that was quite a feat putting it together.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Whisper said...

OMG what a stunner and such a gorgeous nativity scene too and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW Way cool Kate, fantastic die cut and a lovely nativity scene card

Celtic house said...

Oh that really is beautiful hun xxx