Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Rudolph Day Challenge # November

Well here we are at our last Rudolph Day Challenge of 2020. It has stood me in good stead and I have sufficient cards for this year without a panic making session now. But I have, of course, saved a couple for this challenge, and for these I chose a Layered Merry Christmas cutting file that I bought from Debs Cards Studio, etsy shop.

Her design was in red and green, but I decided to make my first one in less traditional colours, and used pale blue and deep purple. The top flower layer was tricky to cut, and even with a new blade in my Silhouette cameo, it didn't quite cut cleanly, but I managed to use my snips to tidy up any corners that needed it. I used a 12"x12" sheet of blue card for the base and top layer, and off cuts of purple and white for the two in-between layers. At the last minute I hand cut some holographic silver paper to go behind the flowers, but it doesn't really show in the picture.

I then cut it again using red and green, and this time I added red foil on top of the largest flower.

I added some silver glitter glue to the flower centres on the blue card, and yellow glitter glue to the red flowers.

As they went together fairly easily I made one more of each colour way, with the only difference being that I put some gold paper behind the red flowers, instead of red on top of them. So I have four more cards for my stash, and I think they are the last for this year.
So I will link this up to Rudolph Day Challenge # November on Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo, and hopefully we will be back to do it all again next year.




9 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love these wonderful designs they are so pretty and look fab in both colours used.
I hate how the glitter never shows up on the photographs.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Thank you also for your kind owrd on my blog too.
I do hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Lotsof crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

A really great set of cards, love the colour

Kath x

Liz said...

A beautiful set of cards, Kate. Lovely designs. xx

LesleyG said...

Striking cards Kate, and I can see all the glitz and sparkle, lovely designs xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Kate - well done on not having to have a marathon card making session for Christmas!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done Kate, a beautiful set of cards, I don’t hav3 a cutting machine so can’t make such things but think I’ve quite enough without buying another machine! Not sure which colourway I like best!
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Kate these are just wonderful, love the design and the coloured layers. Beautiful cards, don't you just love the Cameo? :)
Faith x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These cards are stunning Kate I love the design of them. I really should try harder with my Cameo rather than letting it sit getting dusty.

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Such pretty Christmas cards! both are so festive and I love both colours! thank you so much for sharing with the last 2020 Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda,
Rudolph Days DT