Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge 2024 # August

There is quite a lot going on here as I am battling a long term health problem, and just starting a major de-clutter prior to a big move from Spain back to the UK, so my cards are quick and simple this month.


I am a great fan of the company Carnation Crafts, but often their dies are too big for me, but I like to follow their Facebook page and pick up some good ideas. Recently they featured a lot of cards made using their layered triangle die, and I decided to design something similar in my Silhouette Cameo  software. I designed the file and cut it twice; once from white card and once from cream card. I then swapped the triangle layers making a  white card with a cream topper, and a cream card with a white topper.

Next I cut a silhoutte from black vinyl to go on each one. This design has been in my library for a while and I was waiting for an opportunity to use it. I think I may have made it from some clipart but I am not sure. (The vinyl picked up some light reflections in my photo but it is shiny black).

Then I simply added a gold star to each one.

So now I will link up with The Rudolph Day Challenge HERE.

5 comments:

Helen said...

I love this - what a great design and shape!

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

LesleyG said...

Fabulous design Kate, such a detailed silhouette. Sorry to hear you’re not well, and have a big move back to the UK, that must be really tough. It will be nice to welcome you back though, and hopefully things will then be easier for you xxx

Liz said...

A beautiful design Kate, I love the shape.
Good luck with packing up and your move back to the UK.
Liz xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful pair of cards Kate - very effective use of the concept of the triangles. The black vinyl looks great against both backgrounds
All the best with your de-clutter and move - it's quite a major undertaking
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

What a great shape for the scene, it looks wonderful. All the best with the move and I hope your health improves soon.