Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Wreath is not just for Christmas, +Butterfly Challenge #36 - W is for Washi tape..

In my previous post I showed two Christmas cards I made with a new set of wreath stamps and dies from Stampin´up. Well when I ordered them, I ordered a little floral wreath stamp set too, which is also compatible with the dies, so here is what I made with them.
I started with a scrap of white card which I coloured with my palest violet copic marker, and then stamped with the floral wreath stamp. I cut this out with the dies and coloured the flowers and leaves with copic markers. I also stamped, coloured and die-cut the bow.
A couple of years ago I popped into the QVC reject shop while visiting Shrewsbury, and was disappointed to find that it no longer had the rows of craft items that I used to love browsing through. However they had a few bits and pieces and I picked up a bundle of washi-tape, in ten different colours, and for each colour there was a narrow tape with a geometric design, and a wider tape with a floral design. And, you´ve guessed it, they have never been used! So this month´s butterfly challenge was the perfect excuse for me to dig them out. I chose the green and lilac tapes, and used them to make a wide diagonal corner on another of those pre-cut square cards from my hoard! A lilac one this time. I added my wreath, and some little pink, blue and green shiny bird stickers that I picked up for pennies in a bin at The Range last month. Then I added a green and a purple 3D butterfly sticker to each corner, and stamped a simple sentiment that came with the wreath stamp set.

This is a useful card to have ready when I need one in a hurry so I thought I might as well make a second one. 
This time I chose a pale peach base card and found some yellow and orange washi-tapes to go with it. Using just the floral tapes this time, I made a band at the top and bottom of my card. I then stamped the wreath on white paper and used copic markers to match my colour scheme. I stamped and die-cut the bow, and the flowers from snippets of printed paper - the flowers were also included in the stamp and die sets, and this time I stamped the sentiment inside the wreath. The yellow and orange butterfly was from the same set of 3D stickers as the ones on my first card.

11 comments:

Jean said...

Wow you busy bee. I love the wreath stamps and dies that you've used, they work so well for both birthdays and Christmas. I love the autumnal colours in the second card but the lilac one is still my favourite. The Christmas ones are both lovely too. That is a really useful set.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

Wow. Not one but two gorgeous washi tape cards. Though using the same due cuts they are completely different in design and colour. Both perfect for my challenge. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

Lynne K said...

I love both of these, Kate, they're so very pretty! Completely different feel to each just by changing the colours. Your Christmas wreath cards are gorgeous too. I keep thinking I should start to make some Christmas cards, but since we haven't had anything resembling summer yet up here in Scotland, I just can't get into the right mood! Might have to send for some of those stamps, maybe that would kickstart my enthusiasm!

Lynne x

Veerle said...

Both lovely cards Kate. We don't have SU in Belgium either. We want any we need to drive to Holland.
Hugs Veerle x

kiwimeskreations said...

What fun you are having with your new stamps and dies - wonderful cards again Kate - I particularly love the purple one.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

Two perfectly lovely wreath cards with the butterflies and the washi tape too.

Happy Friday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Gosh, these are also beautiful Kate! Tee, hee - I also have that same stamp lurking at the back of my mind - it's such a clean and fresh design. And how clever that it also matches up with the die - not thought of that one. Both cards are gorgeous - changeing from lilacs to yellow and ornge makes them look so very different. Well done on using the washi tape too :)

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, these are both sooooo pretty! Wreaths are very trendy right now - you are right on the trend! You used the same stamp but made two very different cards! I think my favourite is the yellow one - it is so cheerful and summery! You have used some gorgeous washi tape too! I love those 3-D butterfly stickers - I try to pick them up any time I see them as they make such a sparkly addition to any card. Thank you for linking up at Mrs. A's butterfly challenge!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm back. Still admiring your cards. I have not seen the bird stickers like that around here - you were lucky to find them in a bin!

Diane said...

Oh two gorgeous colors and designs.

Hugs Diane

Barb said...

Hi Kate, Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Congratulations on your win at Butterfly challenge. It's a hard one this time. I really had to search and think.

I love your washi butterfly card. You did really well getting two sets with just one die for both. I have a little wreath and die that I use a lot. As you said it's suitable for all sorts of occasions.

I had to smile about your washi tape. I think it's something we all forget to use!. Take care. Barbxx