Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wondrous Wreath.

I have managed a few hours in my craft room this week, so it was time to make a couple more Christmas cards to add to my stash.
I´ve mentioned before that Stampin´up don´t supply to Spain, but I have found that one of my blog-land friends has an online shop and by ordering through her, and having my order sent to my courier friend´s lock-up, he will then bring it over for me on his next UK/Spain trip. So when they brought out their new Winter catalogue, I decided to treat myself. One of the things I ordered was a set of stamps called Wondrous Wreath, and a matching set of dies, so I wanted to try them out. 
There were three layers of stamps so first I stamped the wreath in green onto a scrap of white paper. Then I added the darker green leaves. These could be made to match exactly the layer below, but I chose to off-set them a little for one of my trials. Lastly I stamped the red berries. I then cut this out with the inner and outer wreath dies. I used some more scraps of paper to stamp the red bow, and hanger and also die cut these.
I am still trying to use up some of my huge stash of pre-cut cards with envelopes, that are positively ancient now, so I chose a pearlised green 12 cm card and made a backing paper by shrinking down a 12" x 12" scrapbook paper that was in my digikit file. I added a border cut with a Fiskars punch, and some red stickles for a bit of sparkle. Red perfect pearls added dimension to the berries and that was my first card finished.

For my second attempt I chose a pale green base card and cut a backing paper from a red scrapbook paper that I printed out for an earlier project. Because I thought it looked too dark, I cut a mat for the wreath on my Silhouette Cameo, using a scrap of paper from my Christmas snippets box. A starry gold peel-off border and more perfect pearls on the berries completed this one.
The greetings on both cards are peel-offs as they were small enough to fit inside the wreaths.
I shall link these up in Pixie´s Snippets Playground.



4 comments:

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards, with a lovely wreath - so pretty. I love them both, but my favourite is the second one, the red background sets of the image perfectly. xx

Sue - said...

Two very pretty cards! Love that wreath stamp - makes super Christmas cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate these cards are fabulous - and I love your way around getting Stampin' Up supplies to Spain :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

Oh Kate, these really are lovely cards! I've loved the wreath stmap set and die ever since it came out, it's still on my wish list but you've inspired me all the more to go for it! I love that you also used traditional colours.

Hugs

Di xx