Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Rudolph Day Challenge #July

My the months are rushing by aren't they? I can't believe it is 25th already, and time to post another Christmas creation for the Rudolph day Challenge.

I am trying not to buy so many new craft items now, as I am not making so many cards, but I did indulge myself recently and decided to use my new purchases for this month's cards.
The background is from an Hunkadory Christmas pack from a few years ago.
The arch is a Heartfelt die - Starry Night, with its centre section cut away.
The hanging part is a Memory box die - Nativity drop, cut twice to give the contrasting insert.
The sentiment, I think, is a Britannia die.
I was pleased with the way it turned out. The gold mirri-card is a cheap one from a local 'todo' shop but it cut very well, and I made my own 15cm white card base.

While my Big-shot and the dies were out, I cut three more sets, so I have four cards to add to my stash.
So I'll pop over to Scraps of life at Scrappy Mo's and link this up to the Rudolph Day Challenge for July.

6 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful cards, Kate. I love that Memory Box die. I had not seen it before...think I will add it to my list! My local shop will bring anything in like that. They have a lot of Memory box dies...but I have not shopped since COVID...just stay home now...

It is great that you were able to make four cards! Four cards with the added bonus of lots of mirri to really get into the feel of Christmas!

Thanks for taking part in the July Ruduolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
oh these cards are very beautifully created.
I love the teardrop die it's perfect for a nativity scene you have created.
The arch die in that mirri sets it all off perfectly too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your nativity cards are gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

Four really beautiful cards, super background and I just love the golde arch and image.

Kath x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful arch addition to the Nativity Kate, love the blue and gold. 4 really lovely cards.
Faith x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous collection of cards Kate, a very traditioal feel to them too.

Sue xx