Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

How far is it to Bethlehem? :Rudolph day Challenge#August 2020

Well here we are again at the 25th of the month so it is time to show a Christmas make.

Last month Woodware released their Christmas stamps and although I am trying not to buy too much new these days, one stamp really caught my eye. Apparently everyone else liked it too as it sold out on the first day! So I signed up to be notified when it came back into stock and before long I got my one through the post. It is not a stamp you can do an awful lot with, but I immediately thought of a little stack of DL cards that have been in my stash for at least 15 years! (I know  I brought them with me when I moved out to Spain nearly 12 years ago).

So I dug those out and found I still had a few in pastel shades of cream, blue, green and lilac. So I stamped my image a dozen times, and added  a light dusting of colour all over it, with a yellow area around the star. Then I distressed the edges and rummaged through my snippets box to find matching colours to mat the images.

I used three of each of the base colours from my DL cards, and had no trouble finding three blue and three purple mats. I had some pieces of a jade green which went well with the green cards, but I didn't like yellow mats for the cream cards so I used shades of orange/brown.

Once they were all mounted up I used a little matching colour on the stable scenes, and used a gold pigment pen on all the domed roofs. Finally some gold glitter glue on the star gave them that bit of Christmas sparkle.

Inside I used a sentiment stamp which came with the main image, and a small stable digistamp from my library, with a simple greeting on the other side. 

So now I have another set of 12 cards to add to my stash, three each of these four colourways. (The card on the right is pastel green though it looks like another cream one in the picture).

Now I will link them up with Rudolph Day Challenge #August at Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo.


10 comments:

Di said...

Wow Kate, what fabulous cards! And a stunning new stamp so beautifully used.

Hugs

Di xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so beautiful inside and out. I love this design too and I can see why it sold out so fast.

Kathleen said...

Love this stamp and your card is fabulous outside and in. Just commented on Jenny's and said how nice to see a DL card and next up was you with a DL card, nice one.

Kath x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I can see why that stamp was first sold out it's really lovely.
I love all your wonderful cards made with that stamp and you have coloured them perfectly too.
Love the combo of the blue and kraft colour.
As always you have made so many too.
Sorry I couldn't comment yesteerday I had my Granddaughter over to do some crafting.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite stamp and so beautifully used Kate - stunning cards!
No wonder the stamp sold out, it is a beauty
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! These are gorgeous Kate, I looked at the stamp and resisted (for now), it really is fabulous. Love your colouring and the insert, wonderful work.
Faith x

scrappymo! said...

This stamp is stunning...and so are your cards!

I love the slim style of the Town of Bethlehem above the stable, and I also like they way you just did the stable with colour and gilded the roofs of the houses.

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sarn said...

Fabulous image, no wonder it sold out so quickly. You've made gorgeous cards with it.

Hope you are keeping well.

Hugs, Sarn
Stamping For Pleasure

Linby said...

Beautiful use of this stamp - looks lovely.

Whisper said...

WOW what a fabby set of cards and such a lovely image too, thanks for joining us at Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x