Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Going Green for Rudolph Day #March 2021

It soon comes around doesn't it? But here we are again on 25th of the month, or as we like to call it, Rudolph Day.
Unfortunately my title this month does not refer to an environmentally friendly card, but rather to the colour I used, starting with a dark green, 15cm base card. I added a mat of pale cream and stamped the lovely 'Indigo blu' bauble garland in Memento olive grove. Looking back through my blog history, I see it is around eight years since I last used this stamp, so it deserved another inking.

The tree is a cutting file I bought recently from an Etsy store - CreativeFabrica. It was a faulty file but I was able to make it usable with the png files instead of the svgs. The first layer was cut from the same green card as the base card, and then I added the second layer from a paler green card. I knew the top layer would be a bit tricky, partly because I has down-sized the file to fit my space, so I decided to cut it from gold metallic vinyl which cuts better than card for intricate designs. It was a bit of a chore to weed out the unwanted parts, and then I had to carefully align it with the underneath layers, but I liked how it turned out. I used some of the cut-out stars randomly on the image. (I don't like waste!).
Finally I used the same ink pad to stamp the sentiment which came from a Chocolate Baroque set. I have always liked it, and the font it uses, and it was a perfect fit for the corner of my card.
So there we have it, my March entry for the Rudolph Day Challenge. I am also entering it in the ABC Christmas Challenge # F for Fir tree and/or G for Garland.

7 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love your wonderful card and that stamp is a gorgeous one.
Love those baubles hanging from the branches.
Such a pretty tree too and arn't you clever changing that file over to an SVG.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stamp, it's so elegant, as is the sentiment. That tree has a complicated cut, but you have put it together beautifully and it looks Great. A Beautiful card Kate.
Faith x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful card Kate.

Sue xx

Linby said...

This all goes together so beautifully. Love that corner stamp, so pretty.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very elegant looking and I love the green featured on it.

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love the green and cream combo! such a pretty bauble that frames the card so nicely and the tree is very elegant! thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge for March!
Linda, DT

scrappymo! said...

Your die cut card is so pretty. The tree looks wonderful...well worth the work you did with the file.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.