Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Rudolph Day Challenge # April

The 25th of each month certainly comes around fast, but here it is again bringing with it the April Rudolph Day Challenge.

As I said last month, I am not sure I will need that many cards this year, so once again I have refrained from 'batch making', settling for just two, but both of these could easily be made again if needed.

I am busy working on a big craft project so I wanted fairly quick cards to make for this challenge and turned again to my design library in my Silhouette Cameo software. The library is not good at labelling files properly so I am unsure where either of these files came from. I believe one was a die, maybe from a magazine, that I put into my silhouette so that I could resize it. And the other - I just don't know.

Anyway, I cut them out and mounted them onto base cards cut from my stash of plain card. The first design was cut from my last snippet of a favourite paper that I have had for at least 15 years. It is ivory with gold marbling on it, but sadly it is now all gone, and is no longer produced so I cannot replace it. The word 'Rejoice' was another file from my silhouette library.


The second design was simple black card, and the lettering is black vinyl. I was pleased at how well the script cut. Before adding the Bethlehem image I backed it with some gold heavy vellum that I was given at the NEC show when I bought my first cutting machine - a Craft Robo in around 1998 perhaps! It cuts so cleanly, so they put a big pile of it in the starter pack that came with the machine if you bought it at the show. It just added some interest to my scene. I used some similar gold pearl paper for the stars, and used transfer tape to lift it all from the cutting mat and place it on the 13.5cm square cream card.

So I will link up with Scraps of Life by ScrappyMo, and go back to my other project.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your Christmas designs are gorgeous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards, I LOVE what you have done with the Cameo, beautiful colours and designs.
I agree about the filesystem in Silhouette, I try and put a note on a file, I started doing it recently, to identify what papers and images, fonts etc. I use in a particular file. I've found it handy, especially when writing a my blog.
Faith x

Sue - said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, particularly like the first one.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness, what amazing cards Kate - you certainly make the most of your cameo machine. Love the Bethlehem card - the dark vellum behind the buildings is very effective
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your gorgeous cards Kate. I know what you mean about not batch making card, after my Mum passing earlier this year I know I will not need to make as many cards as normal. But I am finding it hard not to batch make like I would normally. Thanks for joining the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Linby said...

It's a dilemma, use your favourite paper or hoard it! I think it's better to use it, but when that last piece is gone... You've made a lovely card with it, but the star for me is your second card, I really love how you did that one.

scrappymo! said...

I love your cut card file cards. they are always so pretty! These are lovely and detailed and I must admit that the last one is my fave!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your cards are very lovely and such wonderful design.
Love the poinsettia one the most as I just love anything with poinsettias such an elegant flower and leaves.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

The first card looks so elegant with that diagonal image design and the colors are equally striking! I love the simplicity of the 2nd card with the little town of Bethlehem. NJ on both!

Whisper said...

Simply gorgeous and I'm loving the purple with the fabby die, thanks for joining us at Rudolph's Day's Challenge this month, Luv Sam x