Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Rudolph Day 2022 #January

Well here we are at the start of a new year and it's time to start making Christmas cards again. My January offering is usually  a set of cards made using small images, etc from the cards I received for Christmas, but this year I did not find much inspiration from them.

However I did receive a card from one of my sisters that featured three baubles depicting Nativity scenes, on a plain dark blue background, and I decided to case this and make it my own.

I made copies of the baubles, resizing them to fit one from a set of plain circle dies. Then I cut gold card hanging pieces using a tiny die from a set of ornaments by Creative Expressions. The green foliage is from an old Tim Holtz set using several snippets of green card. The hanging chains are peel offs.

I printed the baubles on photographic paper to give them some shine. The background paper panels are from an 8 x 8 paper pad called Christmas Shades collection  designed by John Lockwood for Creative Expressions. These papers are so pretty. I have used a lot of them but I managed to find enough pieces to cut five panels, but now I need to replace it.

Last night I assembled the first card to use on this post, and I also cut all the elements to make four more, all identical except that two have gold backgrounds. This afternoon I will assemble the rest in the same way and that will be a nice set of five cards to start off my new stash.


So I will link up with the January Rudolph day Challenge at Scraps of life by Scrappy Mo:

Snippets Playground Challenge #420

And also Peace on Earth Challenge #8 (this is a bi-monthly Anything Goes Christmas challenge.)

8 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty cards and a great recycle! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Darlene said...

WOW you're off to a great start! These are beautiful ... great job of recycling! I love doing that too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh I love those baubles you have created they look brilliant and so pretty.
What a very brilliant idea that was and it looks so efective too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful baubles on your gorgeous recycled card Kate. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

Belated Happy Rudolph Day to you Kate!

Love these bauble cards and your green snippets.

There's coffee and almond cookies available up in the Playground Treehouse. Come and find a comfy chair.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful set of cards these will be Kate - a fabulous idea to copy and print out the images and then use them again!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

Really lovely cards Kate - I do so love the shine on those baubles. And a lovely design as well.

Great to see you in the Playground. BTW, I always declare overseas prizes as gifts, which they are, so up to a certain value, Spain might not charge duty.

Hugs

Di xx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.