Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Rudolf Day Challenge # November 2021

It is that time again so here are my last Christmas cards for this year. In fact all my cards for UK are already written and posted to my sister who will post them on next month. But I still needed a few for local friends, so I made these three simple box cards.

They are made with a cutting file purchased from SVGCuts, and cut on my Silhouette Cameo machine. Fortunately there was a video showing the best way to assemble them.

Each 'box' has three main layers. I chose to add some embossed panels to the front of each one, but this was optional.
Before assembling them I added a stamped sentiment on the back of the first panel.  (Stamp from an old set by Sentimentally Yours).
This shows how the three layers fit together, and it does all fold flat for easy posting.
There were extra layers for the star and angel to give them some dimension, and I added a tiny holographic star to the centre of the card star, just for a tiny bit of sparkle.
As my Cameo machine was in the mood to cut really well, and I had a pack of American craft card in vanilla which happens to be the best card I have found for the machine, these cards were relatively quick and easy to make.
Now I think it is time to stop making cards and concentrate on a couple of decorations that I have on my 'to do' list.
But first I will link up with the November Rudolf day Challenge with Scrappy Mo.




3 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh these are gorgeous and so wonderful.
Love the wonderful design of them.
My you are well in advance of Christmas with all your cards sent to your sister.
I do so hope she is keeping well I miss her in blogland.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful box design and perfect for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, Kate! these do not look simple at all! beautifully done! thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge and for the kind words about my cards.
Linda, DT