Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Rudolph Day Challenge 2022 # July

I recently saw a post on one of the Silhouette pages I follow on Facebook, where a lady named Sabine Harris, showed a card she had designed, and she generously shared the cutting file for the template. I like it, and it is very versatile as the circles could have flowers or butterflies etc for a birthday card, a sentiment on each one, or of course Christmas images and BP. So I went for this option to try it out.

I chose three fun images from the Silhouette store. They were each layered cutting files but as I wanted to use them quite small, I kept them as a one-layer complete image each, and used the print and cut option on my Cameo. I used some plain red paper snippets to cut the mats for each circle. Then I found solid green lightweight card snippets to cut the inner circles and some of the outer pieces, and chose a backing paper to cut the rest. To give some contrast I used plain white card for the centre circle background. (I think the BP was some offcuts from a magazine giveaway).

I glued all the pieces in place and added perfect pearls in white for the fur trim on the hats, and gold and yellow glitter glue for the stars on the centre wreath and the lights on the third image. I also cut one small piece of holly from the BP to add interest to the dark green lower panel. I haven't decided whether or not to add a sentiment to the upper panel as only half of it will show when the card is closed.

The card folds up over itself to give a small 8½ x 17cm card. Fortunately the designer added a file to cut a matching envelope.



I have since enlarged the file to make a card that will fit nicely into a standard slimline envelope.

I will link this with Rudolph Day# July over on Scraps of Life with Scrappy Mo

Also in the Snippets Playground where the theme is anything Christmas related,

And My Time to Craft Christmas have the theme "Cutesy Christmas" so I am linking there too.


6 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

These cats are too cute!!! And make a sweet Christmas card! Thanks for finding MTTCC and hope you come back for future themes! --Becca/DT MTTCC

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days
as usual a gorgeous design made with your Cameo machine.
That lady was very generous to share and what a lovely card it makes.
Love the sweet images and the traditional colours.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Linby said...

What a great folded card and it's so cute too.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Kate - love all your details, and the fact that you have resized to template for your own use and preferred size for later!
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

This will become a Christmas decoration for someone to bring out year-after-year, Kate! It is so filled with detail and those Christmas critters are adorable! (I'm always in awe of folks who can do fancy fold cards; they are completely beyond me!) Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card Kate, love how you adapted it for your own use, isn't it great to do that in Silhouette? The kitties are so cute too.
For some reason I am not having you come to me on bloglovin, I'm hoping I'm now going into the Reading list I can get your cards as they are posted. Fingers crossed.
Faith x