Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Rudolph Day Challenge 2022 # August

Well here we are again, and as I have had various family groups visiting me for the past six weeks I had to think of a quick card for today.

Quite a while ago I ordered a Penny Black stamp that I saw on Amazon without realising it was coming from America. They said they would send it when it became available, and it should arrive before 10th October! To my surprise it turned up last week. I couldn't even remember what was in the little envelope until I opened it. Anyway it was this sweet group of children singing carols. The stamp was called 'Choir kids'.

I stamped it on a scrap of white paper, added a little colour with copic markers, and loosely cut around it..

I made a 17 x 11.5 cm base card in deep red, (a standard European size). Then I found a set of vintage Christmas music papers that I think came with a large bundle I bought from Creative fabrica, but I am not sure. I didn't recognise all the songs on the papers but I thought Joy to the World was quite fitting for this image.

The frame is from Carnation Crafts, as a print and die cut set. As it is a die I cannot resize it, and it was a little too big really. I didn't want to hide the title at the top so I cut a slit across the paper,  and a matching one at the lower edge, and tucked the two ends of the frame behind it. Then I mounted the image on top, and a relatively quick and easy card was done.

Next month when all my visitors have left, I shall try to do a run of cards again, as I think I am rather behind with my collection this year. But every one helps. So if you feel like starting on your Christmas cards, do join us for some inspiration, and link one up at Rudolph Day Challenge for August, on Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo.

I am also linking with the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #22, where  - 'Anything goes as long as it is for Christmas.'

8 comments:

Sue - said...

A lovely card, I think the music paper just makes it, and what a good idea to cut the slits for the die!

Darlene said...

OMG what a joyful creation ... well done! I can hear them singing 'Joy to the World' right now! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lia said...

Your little singers are amazing. So nice, that you used musicpaper as background.
Lia DT POE

kiwimeskreations said...

A sweet card Kate, and I love how you split the card to hide the ends of the too large frame - very clever!
Blessings
Maxine

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
This card is wonderful and I love that stamped image of the children singing carols.
That is such an unusual stamp and a very lovely one too.
A faulous design also.
So lovely to family visit you for the summer.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Liz said...

Lovely card, Kate. The music background makes a perfect background for your cute little singers. xx

Carol L said...

What a darling stamp you used for this card, and I just love the musical paper behind it which brings all the caroling children together in singing Christmas carols! Happy Rudolph Day!

Whisper said...

Oooo I thought it was a Penny Black and a delightful one too also I don't have it,