Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge 2024 # February

I am so happy that Helen has agreed to take on the running of this challenge. It has been the perfect inspiration for me to build my stash of cards throughout the year.
I admit I was not very prepared for this month as I have been busy laying with a new piece of equipment (see my previous post). But I do have a small recycling project completed.

A friend at church collects finished-with cards each new year, and re-mounts suitable images to sell very reasonably to raise funds for the church. She sent one to me this year that she knew I would like, and it was a simple stepper card front, with a Bethlehem scene at the back, and a stable scene on the front 'step'. I just knew it could be recycled again and I made it into two cards.

For the first I used the step cut to size to fit an A6 card, and glued some snowy sky paper behind it. Then I cut the phrase from black vinyl with my silhouette cameo machine.

For the second card I used the Bethlehem scene as the background on a square card and added silhouettes of shepherds and sheep to the front. These were images from my silhouette library, cut on my machine again from black vynil. I used a different font to cut the same phrase from gold metallic vinyl.

I shall link this up with Rudolph Days Challenge at Helen's blog.

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What beautiful and clever makes again Kate. I love my Silhouette as you do, so many things to use from it. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Kate - you certainly are rocking the technology, and up-cycling with these two amazing cards! They are both stunning
Blessings
Maxine

LesleyG said...

Two lovely cards, and beautifully recycled too! Xxx

Helen said...

Fabulous recycling and two great cards.

Thanks so much for supporting the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Sue - said...

Two great upcyled cards!