Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, March 25, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge 2024 # March

 Here is my card for this month's challenge.

I started by covering an 12 x 12 cm sheet with various sized stars and cut them as a stencil from a sheet of mylar, using my silhouette cameo. I then used small areas of it to stencil some stars on the top corners of plain white base cards. I added a setiment using an old Stampin'up stamp.

The silhouette I used for the image was purchased from the silhouette store. It was all black but I used the inbuilt software to downsize it to fit a 13.5cm square card, and separate the elements. I could then cut them in different colours of vinyl. Once the design is ready it is just as easy to cut several of them as one, so I made nine sets of each element. I am good at losing these pieces when I cut a lot, so I stored them all in a tin until I was ready to assemble them. 

Soon I had nine, almost identical cards to join my stash. I am doing well so far this year.

So now I will link this up with the Rudolph Day Challenge.

6 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Kate

Lovely traditional scene inside a Christmas tree flourish. Congrats on getting so many made in prep for the big day.

Happy Rudolph Day! x

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful scene you have created Kate - and what a great start to you Christmas cards! Love the touches of gold. I am in awe of your use of technology!
Blessings
Maxine

LesleyG said...

Wonderful card Kate, and good idea to put all the bits in a tin…..I’m always losing small pieces. You’re amazing with the machines and getting ahead for Christmas. Happy Rudolph Day xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful and clever card Kate. I'm in awe at your use of vinyl, I really must try again to add them to a card. Great stencil too. What thickness Mylar do you use? I've only used laminating sheets. Hope all is well
Faith x

Sue - said...

A great card for Rudolph day. You’re certainly doing well with building up your stock of cards.

Helen said...

A great scene and a beautiful design.

Thanks for sharing your card at The Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x