Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge # may 2024

I wanted a few Christmas cards with angels on them, so for this month I covered four DL cards with offcuts of plain paper in different colours.

In my Silhouette software I designed the card using several images from my silhouette library, and moving them around until I was happy with the arrangement. The word 'Rejoice' was also in my library though I probably made it myself on another occasion.

I needed to separate out the colours into different layers, and first I cut the angels, candles, holly leaves and star corners from gold vinyl. I used transfer tape to lift them all in their right positions and added them to the card fronts. Then I cut the red candle dish, holly berries and word from red metallic vinyl and added them. Finally I cut the snowflakes from silver holographic vinyl. This time I placed them around the rest wherever they fitted best.

So a set of four cards which were fairly quick and easy to make. The hardest part was choosing, sizing and arranging the elements on my template. Now I have it saved in my library,  I could quickly make it as often as I want to.

Time to add this to the Rudolph Day Challenge for May

5 comments:

LesleyG said...

Another fabulous collection Kate, you have mastered your machines, worth the effort now you have saved the template. Happy Rudolph Day xxx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining May's Rudolph's Challenge and good luck

Helen said...

Those are great cards - love them.

Thanks for sharing your cards at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sue - said...

Fabulous collection of cards!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what very brilliant designs and you are so clever with your machine.
I love all the different colours made.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.