Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Rudolph Day Challenge # June 2024

Well the 25th sure seems to have come round fast this time, but fortunately my cards are ready. This month I have two that are  almost the same, but they are mounted differently which means the elements needed to be resized for the card with extra mats.

I love the artwork that is sold by Carnation Crafts but often find their dies and matching vignettes (images for printing and die cutting), are too big for the cards I make. So when they started issuing some of their most popular collections digitally, as single images, or on a USB, I was delighted.  Not only are they excellent value because they contain so many dies and vignettes, but also I can upload them and resize them as much as I want. Usually I do this in my Sihouette software because I am familiar with how it works. I am able to design a card, group all the elements together and resize it to fit my standard 17 x 11.5cm cards which neatly fit into the European envelopes. Then I separate the elements out again, print what I want and then add the cutting file over the images and send them to my Cameo machine to cut.

For these cards I used elements from the Carnation Christmas USB. I chose two different fancy frames and cut them from gold miricard. The smaller one got a bit 'lost ' against the pale base card so I added two contrasting mats behind it. I added a little glitter glue to the candle flames and the fire, and some white perfect pearls to the fur on each stocking.

I may add a sentiment across the wooden mantle shelf, but often with a busy card I put the sentiment inside. I haven't quite decided yet.

I am waiting to have surgery on my right hand this week, and until that is done and healed I cannot manage stamping and colouring so well, and these Print & Cut files are just perfect for now.

So I will link this with the Rudolph Day Challenge and enjoy looking at all your lovely creations.

5 comments:

LesleyG said...

Two lovely traditional RD cards Kate, so clever that you can resize them to fit. Hope your op goes well, and your hand recovers quickly xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - Kate, these are beautiful - you are so clever with your computerised machines... I am still old school dies or scissors!
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - love the traditional images and that dog at the bottom of the scene.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Sue - said...

Two lovely cards. I really must practice more with my silhouette, I’m nowhere near as proficient as you.

Helen said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days!
Helen x
(Guest Designer)