Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another scrapbook page

This is just a quickie to show the scrapbook page that I have made as a pair to the one I did last week. (See my post on 8th April). That one was 'Let's play in the garden', so now I have done 'Let's play in the house'. Once again I have used a template from my book Creative photo cropping for scrapbooks. It was rather a fiddle, a bit like doing an odd shape jigsaw, but in the end I put the house together. I wasn't sure I liked it when I realised how small the photos would be, but I used the partial silhouette technique with the photos, and a pale cream for their background, and it made them stand out really well.



I did a minimal amount of journalling this time, fitted around the contour of the roof top, along with a photo of the actual house my son spent his childhood years in. I used the same font as on the previous page for the title, in colours taken from the main image. I then decided I didn't like the gaps at the side, so for the left side of the house, I printed out a bare tree from the Artylicious CD Essence of nature, and cut it all out to show the sky behind it. I decided against adding leaves as I would probably have over done it! For the other side I used a tiny Art Impressions stamp to build up the idea of an evergreen shrub. I just love that range of stamps. They are so versatile. A couple of rows of hand-cut grass completed the scene.

I wanted to give the pages a feeling of fun, and childlike simplicity, and overall I am very pleased with the results. They will of course, be put in the album facing each other.

No comments: