After a somewhat complicated card for my last challenge entry, I wanted to go with something a bit more simple this time. As soon as saw that this week's challenge on ABC Christmas was "L is for Love", I thought of this nice script stamp. I have actually used it so much that it is almost worn out, but I managed to get a reasonable image with it, and just touched it up with a pen. I wanted a suitable image to go with it, and eventually settled on this Mo Manning digistamp of two inuit children, Siki and Shiya, greeting one another. I cut the script and a frame for it, with a nestabilities label die, and made similar ones for the picture, only square, using Craft Robo.
The colour challenge to go with this was red, green and silver, and that on its own made me stop and think. I instinctively use gold with red and green, and keep silver for projects using blues and purples. But I had found some red and green stripe background paper and I thought I might use something silvery to go below it. I embossed a small strip of card with a cuttlebug folder and sprayed it with silver mica mist, but I didn't like the result. It looked more like gunmetal grey to me. So I added a couple of bursts of red and green glimmer mists and ended up with this rather strange colour. But I used it anyway, with a peel-off strip of silver snowflakes across the join. I mounted the two frames and looked at the two spaces this left me with. In the end I found some silver holographic paper and some plain red, and using two sizes of two Marianne dies I cut out several flowers and layered them up, fixing each set with a brad through the centre. I glued the larger one at the base of the card, which covered most of my funny bit of embossed card, and the smaller one at the top.
I made this card for ABC Christmas Challenge; L for Love