I was just getting my bits together to make a simple challenge card (see my previous post) and I started by printing out the image. But it came out stripey, so I knew I had to give in and replace the colour cartridge in my printer that has been registering empty for weeks now! So I turned my back for a few minutes and when I returned to my table this is what I found! Arwen, my beautiful white cat has got the hump because she spends all day being moved off my work. her son Baggins is curled up in the elegant box I use for mica misting, and Luna, the tabby is mid-moult and is covering my chair with hairs! But at least they make me keep my workroom tidy because I have to put everything away, or at least on my 'working on now' tray, whenever I leave the room or they would ruin it in seconds. I dispatched them all and took back 'my space' to get the card made.
I wanted to keep the card simple so I could get back to making a few more pages of my son's scrapbook. I was quite pleased with these. Our son was diagnosed as having ADHD but not the severe type that would have had him and us climbing the walls. He was just a very active little boy with limitless energy, no concept of fear and little self control. So we tried to channel his energy into something worthwhile, and we knew that the best way to have a really enjoyable family day out, was to go to an adventure playground where he and his brothers could be 'on the move' all day. I wanted to capture his energy and fearlessness in these pages and I had so many photos to chose from. I wanted to use as many as I could so I featured two on the first page that perfectly capture how he was, and on the second page I made film strips of a few really fun days out that we had.
When I did a small filmstrip for a previous scrapbook I carefully cut out the frames and used a punch all along each side. This time I used a digital image of one frame, cutting and pasting it to make a strip. I then saved it as a bitmap and imported it into my craft robo. I cut it out of black paper and then carefully measured the apertures and edited each photo to the correct proportions, cropping a few so that each set were all either oriented vertically or horizontally. Finally I joined them in strips on the computer and printed them out. I was very relieved to find that I had got it just right, and the film strips fitted exactly. I also used the craft robo to cut out the large letters and their mats. Then I fiddled around trying to print the journalling on suitable triangle shapes to fit between the pictures and added an epoxy sticker and a few 'movement' words. So that's two more pages to cross off my plan. That's thirty three finished and seventeen more to go, and it has to be done by the end of September. That sounds fine but it is already almost too hot out here to handle the photos, so I am going to struggle a bit.Help!!
I am entering these pages in Paper Crafting Journey Challenge 13: Anything goes. Make it Monday 43: Always anything goes.
Inspire me Fridays 12: Any craft