Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One for my sister.

Some of you will by now have made the connection between myself and my sister Jean Straw, who is also a crafter and has her own blog called My Crafty Corner. Do pop over and see her work sometime. Her style is very different from mine, but she makes some lovely things. Anyway, when it is her birthday, of course I want to make a special card for her, so last week, this is the one I made.
The little girl is a Sugar Nellie digistamp. Her name is Grace, and I think she is so pretty. I printed her onto white card and I had intended to cut her out with a Marianne circle die, but I realised that it had too many 'cut-out' areas which would cut into the image, so instead I drew round the outer edge of the die and cut it by hand. I coloured her with my copic markers, edged the circle with Brilliance pearlescent lavender, and then layered her onto another Marianne die cut circle. This was layered onto a piece of printed backing paper from my stash, and then on to a lavender base card. I added paper candy dots to three corners and in the fourth corner I again made a boho flower from printed mauve paper and added a light spray of silver mica mist. I layered this over two Marianne cut foliage pieces. (I expect you gathered that I rather like my Marianne dies!).

I was pleased with the end result, so as it was also my lovely daughter-in-law's birthday last week, I made the same card again but with slightly different backing paper and a different shade of lilac paper for the large circle mount, again using up pieces from my stash. It wasn't quite such a good colour as the original, but I sprayed her flower with copious purple mica mist because I knew she would love that. (She tells me that she has just dyed her hair purple!).

I am entering these cards into these challenges.

Make it Monday Linky Party 46: Any project.
Joyful Stamper: Inspire me Fridays Linky party 15.
Stampalot Challenge for July: Anything Goes.
Southern Girls Challenge 23: Happy Birthday.
Scrappy Frogs Challenge: Summer Flowers.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh purple! great project kate! and I saw you tooo on Make it monday! tehhehhehe :0)

veronica said...

lovely cards Kate - I fell in love with Grace too, but so far have resisted buying the rest of the series...........

Jean said...

It is a beautiful card and I love it.Your lovely flower travelled well too. Jean x

Saskia said...

Lovely card, Kate! It's a sweet little girl, that digistamp. Love the big purple flower!

pinky said...

Its just gorgeous, love the vibrant colours and those sweet little flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Lynne K said...

This is beautiful, Kate! Such a sweet image. No wonder Jean loved it. Gorgeous colours. You must have a lot of patience cutting out the circle by hand, but it certainly worked well.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month, and good luck.

Lynne x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty fabulous design and gorgeous colours
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful Kate, - you have such patience! I love this image but am not brave enough to try it yet - fab. results! Raining here - again! Di x

Jopez said...

I love it Kate. (But then you knew I would!) :)

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful.What a lovely image.

Karen said...

I just had to head over from MIM when I saw this was an Adorable image. Smiles. I do love these so very much. You have made an "adorable" card with this. :0) xx

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That is such a sweet image and your coloring is fantastic. I popped over from the Make It Monday blog. TFS

Kerrie said...

Sweet image and colouring...

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Chris said...

lovely card , I wish I could do cards.Good luck in the challenge

Angy B said...

Lovely cards Kate. I know Jo would have loved hers. It's not quite the same purple as her hair mind you,LOL, but she does so love purple whatever shade.
Love those foliage cut outs.
Angy xx

Unknown said...

A great birthday card! Thanks for joining in our Birthday challenge at Southern Girls. I have Blog candy if you are interested.
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/