Once again the 25th of the month has rolled up a bit sooner than I feel it should have, so we are again making our Christmas cards to enter the Rudolph Day Challenge over on Scrappy Mo´s blog, Scraps of Life.
For me this was a good opportunity to try out a stamp I bought from a sale bin a month or two ago. It is a pretty angel by Creative Expressions. I stamped her with a Paris Dusk Memento ink pad onto a white snippet, and then I had to think what to do with her! I tried several dies around her and settled on another new, never before used item, a Spellbinders set called Labels 46, Decorative Elements. I used the outer frame from the set, and when I had cut my angel I inked around the edge with the same Paris Dusk ink. When I ordered a die set from Altnew in America recently, I wanted to add another item, really to warrant the postage cost, so I chose a nice set of Christmas word stamps, all based on words from well-known carols. I used one of these to fill the gap within my die cut, and then a second smaller one from the same set below it.
For my background I was struggling to find anything suitable in my stash so I browsed my on-line folder of paper downloads and found a starry sky. It was a very bright blue which didn´t work with my chosen ink so I played around with it in PS, to change the hue and opacity, and printed it out on the ´Normal´setting, and on ´Fast draft´.
I found my die cut would just fit on a 12cm square base card, and as I have lots of envelopes that size, I went with it.
I mounted it up and added a little glitter glue to the angel wings and stars, and a small white pearl to each corner of the frame.
This was a fairly quick and easy card to make once I had a done a trial run with scrap paper, and made sure everything would fit. Also I had several sheets of my backing paper from the various trial prints, and I could cut two cards from each sheet, so I decided to make a few more. And just to prove it, here is my set of six.
They are all much the same with just a slight difference in shade for the backing paper, and different gems and pearls for the corners depending on what I had six matching ones of. The more observant of you will notice that I have changed the orientation of the frame for one card. This is because I stamped too near the edge of my white snippet, and couldn´t fit the die in the same way round as the others!
So now I am off to Scrappy Mo´s to link this up for the Rudolph Day Challenge, where the only criteria is to make a Christmas card,
and as I used six pieces from that huge box of white snippets that I am sure we all have, I will also link up with Pixie´s Snippets Playground.