Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Using new stash for Rudolph Day

Once again the 25th of the month has rolled up a bit sooner than I feel it should have, so we are again making our Christmas cards to enter the Rudolph Day Challenge over on Scrappy Mo´s blog, Scraps of Life.
For me this was a good opportunity to try out a stamp I bought from a sale bin a month or two ago. It is a pretty angel by Creative Expressions. I stamped her with a Paris Dusk Memento ink pad onto a white snippet, and then I had to think what to do with her! I tried several dies around her and settled on another new, never before used item, a Spellbinders set called Labels 46, Decorative Elements. I used the outer frame from the set, and when I had cut my angel I inked around the edge with the same Paris Dusk ink. When I ordered a die set from Altnew in America recently, I wanted to add another item, really to warrant the postage cost, so I chose a nice set of Christmas word stamps, all based on words from well-known carols. I used one of these to fill the gap within my die cut, and then a second smaller one from the same set below it.
For my background I was struggling to find anything suitable in my stash so I browsed my on-line folder of paper downloads and found a starry sky. It was a very bright blue which didn´t work with my chosen ink so I played around with it in PS, to change the hue and opacity, and printed it out on the ´Normal´setting, and on ´Fast draft´. 

I found my die cut would just fit on a 12cm square base card, and as I have lots of envelopes that size, I went with it. 

I mounted it up and added a little glitter glue to the angel wings and stars, and a small white pearl to each corner of the frame.
This was a fairly quick and easy card to make once I had a done a trial run with scrap paper, and made sure everything would fit. Also I had several sheets of my backing paper from the various trial prints, and I could cut two cards from each sheet, so I decided to make a few more. And just to prove it, here is my set of six.
They are all much the same with just a slight difference in shade for the backing paper, and different gems and pearls for the corners depending on what I had six matching ones of. The more observant of you will notice that I have changed the orientation of the frame for one card. This is because I stamped too near the edge of my white snippet, and couldn´t fit the die in the same way round as the others!
So now I am off to Scrappy Mo´s to link this up for the Rudolph Day Challenge, where the only criteria is to make a Christmas card,
and as I used six pieces from that huge box of white snippets that I am sure we all have, I will also link up with Pixie´s Snippets Playground.

16 comments:

Jean said...

Oh what a lovely angel and a great set of cards. I really like the die you used, I don't think I've seen that one before, and the starry backing paper is just perfect.
Jean x

KandA said...

What fabulous christmas cards. That is such a pretty angel stamp and I love the blue colouring you've gone for xx

Liz said...

These are beautiful, Kate. I love the octagonal die cut - lovely designed card. xx

sally said...

Pretty, love the blues !

Sally

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh these are wonderful creations, and six of them.
Love that fab stamped image, and your wonderful background die used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue - said...

Beautiful set of cards Kate but did you really make them 12" square!!

Kathleen said...

A fabulous set of cards, love the Angel and the background papers are just the right thing.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty image and I love your starry sky!
That die is lovely...and really is a great background for your image.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, you are so productive and inspirational, Kate! Just look at all those beautiful cards done!! I'm in awe!! Happy Rudolph Day! Hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful image, and gorgeous cards, Kate.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane Willis said...

What a gorgeous set of cards. That die looks lovely with the image, and the touch of sparkle on the wings really finishes it off beautifully.
Jane

Sarn said...

Well done for making a batch of these lovely angelic cards Kate. Love the colour too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wow Kate, these really are beautiful! I do so love the angel stamp and sentiments you used. Gorgeous colours and that die is amaaaazing.

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

Lovely angel image, and the Memento blue was just perfect. Also admire that S/B shape you've used to showcase this wonderful image. Again, the bkgrnd DP was so pretty with the image. How great that you were able to make up a selection and have to add to your stash. It's just gorgeous, Kate. TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

Lovely angel image, and the Memento blue was just perfect. Also admire that S/B shape you've used to showcase this wonderful image. Again, the bkgrnd DP was so pretty with the image. How great that you were able to make up a selection and have to add to your stash. It's just gorgeous, Kate. TFS & Hugs

LesleyG said...

Love your angel card set, and enjoyed playing 'spot the difference' teehee! I hope you keep in the shade Kate, looks like the heat is coming your way, so keep cool and safe :)
<3 xxx